Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

singer/songwritter wanted in Cork

Options
  • 09-09-2015 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm a fingerstyle guitarist and I'm looking for a singer, ideally a girl, to start an acoustic folk band. My influences are quite diverse: pop, rock, folk, jazz, reggae, electronic, blues, soul...
    I don't know yet what other instruments could fit in so I would like to start as a duo and see what could be nice to add.

The songwriting skill is quite important cause I'm not so bad to compose melodies but unable to write any lines of text ;) and I really want to do original songs.

To start somewhere and to give an idea about what I would like to do, I'll add below a sample list of covers that I would love to play, even to start gigging with something.

Sorry if my English used in this thread looks strange, I'm not an native English speakers. So, if you are curious to start something, don't hesitate to pm me :)

here's the list (non-exhaustive):

Bert Jansch - Needle Of Death
    Zella Day - Seven Nation Army
    Nick Drake - Things Behind The Sun
    Dorris Henderson & John Renbourn - Winter Is Gone
    Davey Graham - Pretty Polly
    Patti smith - Gloria
    The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
    Queen- Fat bottomed girls
    Pink floyd - Welcome to the machine
    Led Zeppelin - Tangerine
    ... list's still open for any good proposal