Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tullyallen Efibre Broadband

• 09-09-2015 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

The map has being saying it's coming since March, it currently says it's to be installed between September- December.

Any chance of an update of when /if it's actually gonna be installed.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gaz15 wrote: »
    The map has being saying it's coming since March, it currently says it's to be installed between September- December.

Cheers
    Hi gaz15

It's hoped that late October to early November will be met although delays can occur - apologies for any false hope led by the map.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Cheers
    Hi gaz15

It's hoped that late October to early November will be met although delays can occur - apologies for any false hope led by the map.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi There,

Any update on this, any idea when its being rolled out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

thorbarry wrote: »

Cheers
    Hi gaz15

Thanks
    Al
    Hi There,

Hi thorbarry

I'm very sorry to confirm that further delays have occurred resulting in a approximate targeted launch date for around March'16

Thanks
    Al

eir: Alan wrote: »

Cheers
    Hi gaz15

Thanks
    Al
    Hi There,

Hi thorbarry

I'm very sorry to confirm that further delays have occurred resulting in a approximate targeted launch date for around March'16

Thanks
    Al
    Brilliant

Cheers
    Hi gaz15

Thanks
    Al
    Hi There,

Hi thorbarry

Thanks
    Al
    Brilliant
    No problem thorbarry

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kaiser84

No problem

Al

Look forward to the delay in March and a proposed date of August '16.

Kaiser84 wrote: »
    No problem

Al

Look forward to the delay in March and a proposed date of August '16.
    No worries Kaiser84 - Hopefully that does not occur.

Cheers
    Al

Any update on this Al?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Hi Kaiser84

I'm sorry to confirm further delays are no forecast - the most up to date indication we can offer on efibre to Tulleyallen is now as follows

Cabinet TLN1_E01 Available within 6 months (located near watery lane)

Cabinet TLN1_001 Available within the next 12 months (located new Townley hall road)

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Kaiser84

I'm sorry to confirm further delays are no forecast - the most up to date indication we can offer on efibre to Tulleyallen is now as follows

Cabinet TLN1_E01 Available within 6 months (located near watery lane)

Cabinet TLN1_001 Available within the next 12 months (located new Townley hall road)

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause

Thanks
    Al

Predictable there would be more delays.

Will Gleann Alainn be using one of these cabinets?

I'm sorry Kaiser84 - we cano only confirm where a cabinet may be serving when it goes live

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Just a heads up for everyone in Tullyallen, if you happen to be one of the poor feckers who live in Arda Raith, Watery Lane, Cnoc Na Greine and parts of Lavin Park you are not currently connected to any exchange in Tullyallen.

You are actually connected to the exchange on Trinity Street! Yes, Trinity Street in Drogheda!

The good news is that Eircom could not care less and you have no hope of getting upgraded to Fibre! 

I'm sorry Kaiser84 - we cano only confirm where a cabinet may be serving when it goes live

Al
    This is ridiculous, any information on what is actually causing the delays? 

It's beyond ridiculous. Everyone in Tullyallen I speak to is fuming about it. I'm lucky to get 2meg speed at times in 2016.

It's beyond ridiculous. Everyone in Tullyallen I speak to is fuming about it. I'm lucky to get 2meg speed at times in 2016.
    I'm sorry I can't offer better news Kaiser84

Al

I'm sorry I can't offer better news Kaiser84

Al

Not your fault, Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Hi thorbarry,

I have checked this and there are two cabinets planned for Tullyallen.

You can view this here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

Tony

eir: Tony wrote: »
    Hi thorbarry,

You can view this here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

Tony

Those cabinets are marked as planned for over a year now. To be honest, I'd be surprised if they are live this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

eir: Tony wrote: »
    Hi thorbarry,

Tony

Those cabinets are marked as planned for over a year now. To be honest, I'd be surprised if they are live this year.
    [font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]Unfortunately the dates we provide on-line are estimated [/font]Kaiser84[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif] and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.[/font]

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Any more updates by any chance?

Any more updates by any chance?
    I'm afraid not Kaiser84.

-Pamela

Will we have fibre broadband in Tullyallen in 2016?

Will we have fibre broadband in Tullyallen in 2016?
    Hi  Kaiser84,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tullyallen is indeed on our deployment plan for this year. You can see here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ we have estimated that the first live services will be available to customers this Autumn. [/font]

-Pamela 

Hi  Kaiser84,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tullyallen is indeed on our deployment plan for this year. You can see here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ we have estimated that the first live services will be available to customers this Autumn. [/font]

-Pamela 

Is that for definite?

It was due to go live in March 2015.

Thanks.

Hi  Kaiser84,

-Pamela 

Is that for definite?

It was due to go live in March 2015.

Thanks.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Kaiser84 [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]these dates are estimated. We cannot guarantee dates due to the extent of work required.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1 city17

I also live in Tullyallen, I actually had to drive to  relations house in Cavan just so I could upload a few gigabytes of mailboxes to a different email system.  

My internet is so slow it wouldn't be possible from here.  

Tullyallen - 3MB download - 0.12MB upload. (on a good day)

Cavan efibre - 55 MBPS - 45MBPS upload

To make things worse it's got noticeably slower over the last few weeks, I'm supposed to be on a 7mb connection, I rarely get above 3.5 now.

Also, what most people are unaware of is that with a DSL connection the upload is 10 to 15 times slower than the download speed.  So sending large email attachments or any kind of large uploads, icloud, onedrive, dropbox you name it, takes forever and also slows the internet down for everything else while uploading, i had to tell people to turn off icloud on their phones because the internet would grind to a halt with it on.

fibre is about 300-500 times faster for uploading stuff compared  with DSL.  The current upload speed isn't much better than ISDN back in the day.

When I signed up in 2014, I was told that fibre would be rolled out by March 2015, that became Autumn 2015, then spring 2016, then summer 2016, now it's become autumn 2016.

Maybe some of that Singapore sovereign wealth fund money will expedite things. I won't hold my breath - but if you could at least prod them to get a move on -  I can't believe in 2016 that a village a stones throw from the M1 hasn't got decent broadband.

city17 wrote: »
    I also live in Tullyallen, I actually had to drive to  relations house in Cavan just so I could upload a few gigabytes of mailboxes to a different email system.  

To make things worse it's got noticeably slower over the last few weeks, I'm supposed to be on a 7mb connection, I rarely get above 3.5 now.

Also, what most people are unaware of is that with a DSL connection the upload is 10 to 15 times slower than the download speed.  So sending large email attachments or any kind of large uploads, icloud, onedrive, dropbox you name it, takes forever and also slows the internet down for everything else while uploading, i had to tell people to turn off icloud on their phones because the internet would grind to a halt with it on.

fibre is about 300-500 times faster for uploading stuff compared  with DSL.  The current upload speed isn't much better than ISDN back in the day.

When I signed up in 2014, I was told that fibre would be rolled out by March 2015, that became Autumn 2015, then spring 2016, then summer 2016, now it's become autumn 2016.

Maybe some of that Singapore sovereign wealth fund money will expedite things. I won't hold my breath - but if you could at least prod them to get a move on -  I can't believe in 2016 that a village a stones throw from the M1 hasn't got decent broadband.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]city17,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I understand your frustration however due to the level of work required in order to upgrade our infrastructure to efibre this will not always be a straightforward process and some cabinets will take longer to upgrade than others. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues that you are experiencing, you can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 options 2.[/font]

• Advertisement

city17 wrote: »

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]city17,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I understand your frustration however due to the level of work required in order to upgrade our infrastructure to efibre this will not always be a straightforward process and some cabinets will take longer to upgrade than others. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues that you are experiencing, you can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 options 2.[/font]

Any update on when the area is getting fibre? Also any news on whats causing the delay? Is there anything the community can do to speed things up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Any update on when the area is getting fibre? Also any news on whats causing the delay? Is there anything the community can do to speed things up?
    Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. I have checked our latest deployment plan that was relelased two weeks ago & two cabinets in your area are set to be updated. The estimated time for these would be 3-6 months & 9-12 months however an exact timferame on this would not be guaranteed. You can view the full information on the efibre roll out online here ; https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/ & once the service is available on your line you will be notified. Apologies I can't offer you further information on this at the moment. - Stacey

Load of bluffing from eir. Neither cabinet will be live by 2017, and most likely with the next 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Apologies I can't offer better news at this time. Stacey

Has anyone signed up for Imagine LTE Broadband. I have seen some signs in the area, also it looks like Tullyallen is listed

http://www.imagine.ie/lte-fibre-coverage/lte-fibre-broadband-louth/

• Advertisement

Imagine LTE will guarantee 30meg minimum in Tullyallen.

€100 installation fee and €59.99 a month on an 18 month contract.

One cabinet in Tullyallen (watery lane) will be live within 6 weeks.

The other says live within 1 year!!

Could you please tell me how you can find out which cabinet you are connected to?

Thanks.

Could you please tell me how you can find out which cabinet you are connected to?

Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Kaiser84,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are an eir customer I can check this for you. :)[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Any update? I see one is due within 6 weeks according to the map

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Any update? I see one is due within 6 weeks according to the map
    Hi gaz15,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

Unfortunately, the most up to date information we have available are online. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

-Ciara

I posted this 7 weeks ago. Have we got a cabinet live in Tullyallen now?

Thanks.

I posted this 7 weeks ago. Have we got a cabinet live in Tullyallen now?

Thanks.
    [font=Cambria, serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Kaiser84,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]All updates on this will be available to view here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The estimated date for first live fibre Services is winter 2016 in Tullyallen.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

[font=Cambria, serif] [/font]

Hi gaz15

Thanks
    Al

So it was more false hope led by the map.....

What is going to happen to the people at top of watery Lane who are connected to the exchange on Trinity Street and not the exchange 63 paces from their front door? Tough luck? Move house as I was advised by one support staff member?!

What is going to happen to the people at top of watery Lane who are connected to the exchange on Trinity Street and not the exchange 63 paces from their front door?  Tough luck?  Move house as I was advised by one support staff member?!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid eir fibre is not available to all customers [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]georgewickstaff.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I understand this must be frustrating however we are continuously upgrading our service and infrastructure. [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend registering your details here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/eoi/[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.[/font]

It's a bot replying to us in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid eir fibre is not available to all customers [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]georgewickstaff.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I understand this must be frustrating however we are continuously upgrading our service and infrastructure. [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend registering your details here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/eoi/[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.[/font]

Eir have upgraded cabinets with 20 eligible lines in the Drogheda area (Cab 10 I think)? What is stopping a cabinet being fitted within Tullyallen from the Drogheda exchange, and putting a VDSL2 cab down beside that?

Even Mullary between Monasterboice and Dunleer has its own bloody cabinet! Serving homes that are on AVERAGE 2km away...

I had a chat with an eir engineer in Mace last week.. Very nice fellow. He explained that half the village is on a connection from Drogheda/Trinity Street and the reason we can't be taken off it is that it is 'owned' by another company so there are legal implications. They don't want to lose customers! You couldn't make it up!

He did say the other half of the village would be upgraded soon. It's still a bloody shambles.

Siro won't be in Tullyallen.

Eir Blue line skips Tullyallen completely.

Fibre will get to Gleann Alainn and Townley Manor only.

Imagine has an absurd data cap.

Digiweb metro gets 3mb at peak times.

If I had known that in 2016 things would still be this bad I would have thought a bit more carefully about moving here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

I had a chat with an eir engineer in Mace last week.. Very nice fellow.  He explained that half the village is on a connection from Drogheda/Trinity Street and the reason we can't be taken off it is that it is 'owned'  by another company so there are legal implications. They don't want to lose customers!  You couldn't make it up!

He did say the other half of the village would be upgraded soon.  It's still a bloody shambles.  

Siro won't be in Tullyallen.

Eir Blue line skips Tullyallen completely.

Fibre will get to Gleann Alainn and Townley Manor only.

Imagine has an absurd data cap.

Digiweb metro gets 3mb at peak times.

If I had known that in 2016 things would still be this bad I would have thought a bit more carefully about moving here.
    Hi Georgrewickstaff,

i am very sorry to hear this :(

I can assure you that there is an on-going plan to upgrade a number of exchanges that has been running for several years now unfortunately at present there are no details available to suggest when the upgrades will be done. I'm sorry I can't offer you a time frame on this and that we are unable to give you better news. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

• Advertisement
Advertisement