Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tullyallen Efibre Broadband

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi Georgrewickstaff,

i am very sorry to hear this :(

I can assure you that there is an on-going plan to upgrade a number of exchanges that has been running for several years now unfortunately at present there are no details available to suggest when the upgrades will be done. I'm sorry I can't offer you a time frame on this and that we are unable to give you better news. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara
    Eir are making up excuses. There's no reason why a Drogheda-based cabinet couldn't be installed in Tullyallen, near the TLN "exchange". VDSL could be provided from that to the other half of Tullyallen etc, same as any other part of Ireland. The cabinets don't have to be placed near the exchange.

Take my example above about the Valley Inn in Mullary (Louth). It's about 4km from the exchange that serves it.

In Tullyallen's case (not Gleann Alainn) the cabinet is only halfway from the exchange to the village and ironically is already fibre enabled.

Feck all customers are served by VDSL from that cabinet as most lines are too long!

You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Imagine has an absurd data cap.
    I was under the impression that Imagine had a 30GB a day limit? Is it available in Tullyallen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭daithihalton

So the imagine engineer called today, he said I cant get a signal not even if he installed a 20 meter pole. He also tried to install it at the morning Star but wont work there either, They need line of sight to Mount Orial. he said the huses between the Star and the school wont be able ti use Imagine.

still stuck with 1 meg 

Digiweb said they have no immediate plans to have Siro broadband in Tulyallen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

So the imagine engineer called today, he said I cant get a signal not even if he installed a 20 meter pole. He also tried to install it at the morning Star but wont work there either, They need line of sight to Mount Orial. he said the huses between the Star and the school wont be able ti use Imagine.

still stuck with 1 meg 

Digiweb said they have no immediate plans to have Siro broadband in Tulyallen
    Thats a shame 

• Registered Users Posts: 22 COLMCS

The 6 week carrot is dangled once again on the roll out map..... i wont hold my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kaiser84

It's saying Spring 2017 now.

I'm sorry I ever moved to Tullyallen.

Hi Eir,

can you tell us when we can realistically expect Broadband in Tullyallen  

Hi Eir,

can you tell us when we can realistically expect Broadband in Tullyallen  

Hi

Bla bla bla bla

There are a number of exchanges due an upgrade, unfortunately we cannot give a time frame on when the exchanges in Tullyallen will be upgraded.

Please refer to a link that they'll post that will not give you any accurate information.

Sorry we can't give you better news at this time.

End of standard reply.

Thanks,

Eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Guys,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The estimated date for first live efibre Services is spring 2017 in Tullyallen.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela

any update for efibre in Tullyallen ?

regards Daithi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Pamela

any update for efibre in Tullyallen ?

regards Daithi
    I'm afraid not at the minute daithihalton.

-Pamela 

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Guys,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The estimated date for first live efibre Services is spring 2017 in Tullyallen.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Will we be 'live' by the end of the month?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi Kaiser84,

The cabinet is due to go live in Spring 2017. 

Unfortunately, we would be unable to give an exact date at this time. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,
    Leanne. 

Hi Leanne

I sent you a PM can you check to see if my line can be connected to the cabinet due to go live Spring 17

regards Daithi

Hi Leanne

I sent you a PM can you check to see if my line can be connected to the cabinet due to go live Spring 17

regards Daithi

There's more chance of me winning the lotto than that cabinet going live at any point in 2017.

• Advertisement

Hi Leanne

regards Daithi
    Hi Daithi, 

Thanks for your PM. I will reply now shortly.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Kaiser84 wrote: »
    Hi Leanne

regards Daithi

There's more chance of me winning the lotto than that cabinet going live at any point in 2017.
    Hi Kaiser84,

I am really sorry to hear you feel this way and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Hi Leanne

Did you get a chance to look at my query

Regards Daithi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

We have received your PM and Leanne will be in touch shortly,

Apologies for the delay.

Thanks,
    Anna.

Hi Leanne

Regards Daithi
    Hi daithihalton, 

I have replied to your PM.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Advertisement

Hi Leanne

Regards Daithi
    Hi daithihalton, 

I have replied to your PM.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    Hi Leanne

just replied to you, What do I need to do to get connected to the E-fibre cabinet 

regards Daithi

Unfortunately, we would be unable to ensure you are connected to an eFibre cabinet as we don't have control over what lines are connected.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Hi Eir

Any news? I'm betting "Autumn 2017" appears on the rollout map

Hi Kaiser84,

The cabinet is due to go live in Spring 2017. 

Unfortunately, we would be unable to give an exact date at this time. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,
    Leanne. 

What's the new bluff?

I'm very sorry, I'm afraid the estimated date for first Live Fibre Services is late 2017.

These dates are subject to change.

You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here.

Thanks,
    Anna

eir: Anna wrote: »
    I'm very sorry, I'm afraid the estimated date for first Live Fibre Services is late 2021.

This date will definitely change.

You can view the most up to date information (this means nothing if you live in Tullyallen) on the eFibre roll out here.

Thanks,
    Anna

Thanks for being honest.

No problem, Kasier84.

Please feel free to get back in touch if you have any further queries.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Hi Eircom

Spring 2017 been and gone.

Could you just confirm you have no updates and cannot possibly provide a date when work will commence?

I think i started asking this question in 2011.

Thanks

Hi  georgewickstaff,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm afraid the estimated date for first live fibre services is late 2017.

I'm afraid these dates are subject to change depending on the wok required to be carried out.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news on this.

Thanks,
    Anna

Hi  georgewickstaff,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm afraid the estimated date for first live fibre services is late 2017.

I'm afraid these dates are subject to change depending on the wok required to be carried out.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news on this.

Thanks,
    Anna

Can you at least offer an explanation as to why it's delayed again?

• Advertisement

Hi Kaiser84,

I can assure you that there is an on-going plan to upgrade a number of exchanges that has been running for several years now. Unfortunately, there are no details available to suggest when all the upgrades will be done and dates are subject to change. 

Work has already begun by our efibre build team to arrange your connection. As soon as this work is completed an appointment will be arranged to complete work in the premises. I'm afraid due to the nature of work requested not all installations are straightforward & a high level of work will be required. An agent will be in touch to arrange your appointment once you have placed an order with us. Once this is available, you will be notified.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused here.

Thanks, 
    Anna.

Hi Eir

I'm living in Tullyallen but my phone line is connected to an exchange in Drogheda, how do I go about getting onto one of the Tullyallen exchanges so that when they eventually go live I will be in a position to receive e-fibre

Daithi

Hi Daithi, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

In Order to be attached to an exchange, you will need to place an order by contacting our sales team on 1901. 

During installation, you will then be connected to your local exchange. 

Thanks, 
    Anna 

Hi Daithi , I will save you the bother of having to read the Eir reps disinterested cut and paste responses.

Gleann Alainn - has it's own exchange. Will be fibre enabled sometime before 3000 AD. However this is subject to change. Best say 3050 to be safe.

Allenwood/Townley Manor - on 24mb connection. You can see the small eircom boxes at the entrance to each. Can you be connected to these boxes if you live across the road? Are you mad? Absolutely not! You have to be on a 1.2mb connection from Trinity Street as that is just the way it is. Please don't ask again.

Lavin Park - presumably connected to the exchange down the lane. Scheduled to be fibre enabled to coincide and celebrate the release of Star Wars 63. This is subject to change though!

Everyone else...connected to the exchange on Trinity Street. No chance of ever getting fibre. I have been told that they cannot move customers off this exchange as BT (now vodafone) installed this equipment. The main issue in Tullyallen is that even if the exchanges are enabled most will not benefit from it.

I have written to every TD in Louth aboit this for the last 7 years. They seem powerless. It's absurd.

Your only options are digiweb (1.9mb at peak) and imagine, poor performance now a lot of subscription has been taken up. Oh and 20gb cap per day.

Just to be clear eircom have absolutely refused to move anyone off the trinity street exchange. I tried for 3 years.

It is a shambles and if I had known we would still be running off 1.9mbps in 2017 I would never have moved here in a million years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The problem here is genuinely BT wholesale. You'll need to get their attention somehow,and for politicians to find out what the hell is going on with ComReg (as this is apparently allowable).

Vodafone are a customer of BT wholesale in the Drogheda exchange so if everyone in Tullyallen were to boycott Vodafone (as BT wholesale's main/only customer), then perhaps the message would start to sink home.

I thought Net1 would have offered a better local solution by now.

Hi Daithi , I will save you the bother of having to read the Eir reps disinterested cut and paste responses.

Gleann Alainn - has it's own exchange. Will be fibre enabled sometime before 3000 AD.  However this is subject to change. Best say 3050 to be safe.

Allenwood/Townley Manor - on 24mb connection. You can see the small eircom boxes at the entrance to each. Can you be connected to these boxes if you live across the road? Are you mad? Absolutely not! You have to be on a 1.2mb connection from Trinity Street as that is just the way it is. Please don't ask again.

Lavin Park - presumably connected to the exchange down the lane. Scheduled to be fibre enabled to coincide and celebrate the release of Star Wars 63. This is subject to change though!

Everyone else...connected to the exchange on Trinity Street. No chance of ever getting fibre. I have been told that they cannot move customers off this exchange as BT (now vodafone) installed this equipment.  The main issue in Tullyallen is that even if the exchanges are enabled most will not benefit from it.

I have written to every TD in Louth aboit this for the last 7 years. They seem powerless. It's absurd.

Your only options are digiweb (1.9mb at peak) and imagine, poor performance now a lot of subscription has been taken up. Oh and 20gb cap per day.

Just to be clear eircom have absolutely refused to move anyone off the trinity street exchange. I tried for 3 years.

It is a shambles and if I had known we would still be running off 1.9mbps in 2017 I would never have moved here in a million years.
    Hi georgewickstaff,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry you feel this way.

I'm afraid there is currently a rollout plan nationwide and due to the work required for this, it can take longer for some exchanges to become enabled.

You can view our most up to date information here or register your details here and you will be contacted when this becomes available.

Thanks,
    Anna

Hi georgewickstaff,

I'm afraid there is currently a rollout plan nationwide and due to the work required for this, it can take longer for some exchanges to become enabled.

You can view our most up to date information here or register your details here and you will be contacted when this becomes available.

Thanks,
    Anna

Why bother with this bot like reply?

It's almost insulting.

Kaiser84 wrote: »
    Hi georgewickstaff,

Thanks,
    Anna

Why bother with this bot like reply?

It's almost insulting.
    I'm afraid this is currently the up to date information in regards to the rollout.

Thanks,
    Anna

Hi Eir

Any update on the Tullyallen exchanges, when will they be efiber enabled ?

• Advertisement

Hi Eir

Any update on the Tullyallen exchanges, when will they be efiber enabled ?

Yes.

Bluff bluff bluff

This is a date I'm posting but we know it won't be met.

Bluff bluff bluff.

Sorry I can't offer any good news at this time.

Yawn, I'm bored.

Eir Rep.

Hi Eir any update to efibre for Tullyallen

Anyone care to answer the question?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi there,

If you could send me on the eircode and your account details if you're a customer I can check this on our internal rollout map.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 eir: Andre

Hi daithhihalton,

You can see if there's any efibre available in your area by clicking the link here all you need is a eircode or landline number.
    -Andre

• Advertisement

eir: Andre wrote: »
    Hi daithhihalton,

You can see if there's any efibre available in your area by clicking the link here all you need is a eircode or landline number.
    -Andre

Hi Andre

I check that regularly and it says it’s not available
    Can you tell us when the two exchanges in Tullyallen are due to go live for eFibre
    This thread is very old now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 eir: Andre

eir: Andre wrote: »
    Hi daithhihalton,

-Andre

Hi Andre

I check that regularly and it says it’s not available
    Can you tell us when the two exchanges in Tullyallen are due to go live for eFibre
    This thread is very old now !
    Hi daithhihalton,

Unfortunately, we would not be able to provide a timeframe on the availability. I would suggest checking the availability on our website regularly.

-Andre

Advertisement