Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Question. LCFE.

• 09-09-2015 1:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. I've applied for an interview for Limerick Senior College. Its broadcast journalism, has anyone done this course before or any media course at this college? I know it's full time but what are the hours each day? Any other tips the interview etc? Just wanted to know what the hours are please. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I did radio broadcasting and music management about 7 years ago (Not sure if it is still offered or not)

Class schedule was full time, 25 hours or so a week plus your own study time.

To be honest I did not like it there at all, they made it feel very like secondary school and made it very clear they did not trust you by constantly reminding you that they monitor all computer access and the lecturer can at any time view your screen from his own without consent and notice. They did monitor often, not just threaten it.

I would never go there again but saying that if you grit your teeth and hold out for the year in there it is a great way to get into LIT if you do not have a leaving cert or a bad one as they offer extra points from LCFE approved courses.

Advertisement