Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2015 Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

Yes. It's a must - but I think it's social, domestic, pleasure (sdp) that is required; provided it states that you can take it to and from a place of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dementedfairy8

I have sdp with going to and from a place of work but the induction pack states business cover which is different.

You might be right - I know the emphasis is on to and from your place of work.

SDP&C is only for a single place of work, is it not? Perhaps as training may take place across various stations then we have to have business use?

I might phone through and ask tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

It does have to cover business use specifically, my spouse is also in the job and I know for sure that's the cover we need. It does cost a bit more but not a huge amount

What about the pca requirement for the end of training?

-Is it still 3.54 and 26kg

-Do they expect us to improve on the above, and by how much

• Advertisement

What about the pca requirement for the end of training?

-Is it still 3.54 and 26kg

-Do they expect us to improve on the above, and by how much

I think by the end of training we will be at that point anyway by the sounds of things.

Little sleep, constant learning and killer P.E sessions - what's not to love :D

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Apparently you don't do the driving course until you're stationed now so might not need business cover until then. I'll prob ask at induction just, still plenty of time to get cover between then and GV.

Ps. Jalapeño, delete some PMs please! =D

.S. wrote: »
    Ps. Jalapeño, delete some PMs please! =D

I'll second that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

Sorted folks :)

Well done some fasted cardio this morning and it's official.. I run worse than Pheobe from Friends =/ know what I'll be working on for GV!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jay711

Hey guys! Just saw this thread! Nice work to whoever started it :) can't wait to meet everyone :)

kind of buzzing/crapping myself for what's ahead haha! Pretty hard trying to learn/remember all of the online learning we've gotten so far! Just trying to read over and over it a few times! Knowing there's more online stuff to come gets a fella panicking 😂

You and me both.. It's just sunk in that induction ain't that far off and we'll get more after that! Once induction is done, the start date at GV will fly in I think, won't be long til we're there =)

Jay711 wrote: »
    Hey guys! Just saw this thread! Nice work to whoever started it :) can't wait to meet everyone :)

kind of buzzing/crapping myself for what's ahead haha! Pretty hard trying to learn/remember all of the online learning we've gotten so far! Just trying to read over and over it a few times! Knowing there's more online stuff to come gets a fella panicking 😂

Online learning is open again?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jay711

Online learning is open again?

Hey! No, no I meant like learning the notes that I've taken just:)! Tried to log onto it the other day but doesn't let you into it!

Jay711 wrote: »
    Hey! No, no I meant like learning the notes that I've taken just:)! Tried to log onto it the other day but doesn't let you into it!

Coolio. I've got a good gap between leaving my job and us going in. I'll be spending it doing online learning and going to the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Well done to you guys, quick question, roughly how long has it been since you did your medicals?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

StingrayGC wrote: »
    Well done to you guys, quick question, roughly how long has it been since you did your medicals?

It varies stingray. Vetting is key at the waiting stage. Some people had their medicals just two weeks before calls other people have been waiting two months because their vetting took so long to clear. Others like me had everything clear including vetting and missed out on a call because the intake was full.
    Calls tend to go out every 5 weeks so should hopefully be some more calls in about 4 weeks time!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Catdog33 wrote:
    It varies stingray. Vetting is key at the waiting stage. Some people had their medicals just two weeks before calls other people have been waiting two months because their vetting took so long to clear. Others like me had everything clear including vetting and missed out on a call because the intake was full. Calls tend to go out every 5 weeks so should hopefully be some more calls in about 4 weeks time!

Catdog33 wrote:
    It varies stingray. Vetting is key at the waiting stage. Some people had their medicals just two weeks before calls other people have been waiting two months because their vetting took so long to clear. Others like me had everything clear including vetting and missed out on a call because the intake was full. Calls tend to go out every 5 weeks so should hopefully be some more calls in about 4 weeks time!

Thanks catdog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

Yeah my vetting passed in August, medical done end of August, physical done end of July. And i think my score was 70.

Just waiting on a call ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭captain truth

elliotness wrote: »
    Yeah my vetting passed in August, medical done end of August, physical done end of July. And i think my score was 70.

Just waiting on a call ☺

My score was 70-72 and I am yet to have my medical. I think there is someone else on here who is ahead of me as well, but is on a lower/the same score. Why would they not process us all in order?

My score was 70-72 and I am yet to have my medical. I think there is someone else on here who is ahead of me as well, but is on a lower/the same score. Why would they not process us all in order?

Did you have a resit for your PCA? When did you do your PCA? My score is 70-72 (higher end) Had my PCA end July and passed vetting an medical too. Didn't get the call last week. The lowest score I know of to get the call is 72.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭captain truth

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Did you have a resit for your PCA? When did you do your PCA? My score is 70-72 (higher end) Had my PCA end July and passed vetting an medical too. Didn't get the call last week. The lowest score I know of to get the call is 72.

No, I only had my PCA last week and passed it well. Medical is at the end of September.

No, I only had my PCA last week and passed it well. Medical is at the end of September.

Sent you a PM.

Also, take with a pinch of salt when people are posting their AC scores!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaylu

Hey all, also got the call but only recently as I was out of the country, couldn't be happier! really looking forward to getting started.

I See people on here talking about business insurance, hanger types and Ironing boards?!

Is there a kit list somewhere?

jaylu wrote: »
    Hey all, also got the call but only recently as I was out of the country, couldn't be happier! really looking forward to getting started.

I See people on here talking about business insurance, hanger types and Ironing boards?!

Is there a kit list somewhere?

There's a bit of information in the induction pack and then I think there will be more of a "kit list" online after the induction weekend. There's also a Garnerville post on here where people have suggested things to buy.

I went suit shopping today.. Fairly made it all feel real! Be interesting to see what else is on their list

Guess who just got the call.....

Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! This hasn't sunk in yet! Feel so unprepared!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Guess who just got the call.....

Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! This hasn't sunk in yet! Feel so unprepared!

Congratulations catdog!!!

Advertisement