Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2015 Intake

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

When you arrive on intake day speak to your SGT about it. You can request permission for an overnight stay somewhere, providing the criteria is strong enough you may be allowed to go. You might also be allowed to leave in the evening and come back, its pretty full on first few weeks so it would need to be something big.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Catdog33 wrote: »
    You are allowed to leave in the evening as long as you are back for 10/10.30pm I think??? So you don't need permission but if you will be back later or are going to be away overnight then you do need permission.

Wouldn't have a clue who to contact though...

You are free to leave during the evening, last sign in is 10:30. Trust me, you won't have time to leave during the first four weeks. It'll be made clear to you who to contact RE staying out over night if you need/want to.

Hey guys, need a bit of advice.

I have something on during residential training that I really need to attend. It's in the evening, but I'll still need permission to leave I assume?

Can anyone PM me if you know who I should contact. I don't know whether to just leave it to I get in and ask them then - might be a bit last minute though.

If its just the evening they will probably allow you to attend, but you'll be expected to still have any pre-reads etc done by the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

Thanks very much guys. Appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 POPO2014

Does anyone know if we still get the N.Ireland allowance being newbies on top of our starting salary? Had a look online and can't seem to find anything?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

POPO2014 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we still get the N.Ireland allowance being newbies on top of our starting salary? Had a look online and can't seem to find anything?

Yes we do. As far as I know it's something like £3230 on top of the salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

Quick question- throughout the residential element do we have to be back in on a Sunday am or Is it Sunday pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Ruffle wrote: »
    Quick question- throughout the residential element do we have to be back in on a Sunday am or Is it Sunday pm?

Sunday pm. IIRC there's a rule stating you're only allowed back after a certain time.

Dekkers wrote: »
    Sunday pm. IIRC there's a rule stating you're only allowed back after a certain time.

You can enter Garnerville whenever you like but cannot enter the accommodation block until 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PC high tower.

Heyy! How's everyone's nerves/excitement levels? I just want to wish everyone good luck, having made it through the first bit and im still hanging in! Lol. looking forward to meeting the new squad! If anyone has any questions about intake sunday or just anything in general, send me a wee PM! See yous all soon! 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Thank you PC Hightower. Finally off work so I'm pleased I can dedicate my time properly to preparing but definitely a little nervous myself! Focusing on online study / fitness and hoping for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dementedfairy8

Heyy! How's everyone's nerves/excitement levels? I just want to wish everyone good luck, having made it through the first bit and im still hanging in! Lol. looking forward to meeting the new squad! If anyone has any questions about intake sunday or just anything in general, send me a wee PM! See yous all soon! 😊

Nerves and excitement both high! Anything you can share to relieve the nerves?

Advertisement