Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Many Sick Days

Options
  • 08-09-2015 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have taken 8 sick days this year.
    Had to take a week in April(Doctors note supplied)
    Took two days with the lovely vomiting bug recently and a day earlier on in the year.

I know this is a lot. I have plenty of annual leave left so the question I'm asking is should I waive some of these days to square up with my employer or am I best off leaving it until/if the subject is raised?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You cannot "waive" days like that: if you've already been off on paid sick leave, then that's done and you cannot change it.

For now, I'd say nothing unless they raise the question.

If you get sick again, you can ask if they would let you take annual leave instead of sick leave. The employer cannot force you to do this, but you can offer. However your employer does not have to agree (eg they may force you to take unpaid leave instead).

Advertisement