Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commercial rentals council fees and water

Options
  • 09-09-2015 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Does anyone know if it's standard for water charges and council fees to be included in the rent for commercial units?
    In my limited experience it always has been, but the retail space I'm looking into atm seems to want to deliver these bills separately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

None of the units I have come across has it been included its always been billed separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Council fees - you mean like rates? In my experience even the office-space rental companies tend to make them a tenant responsibility rather than bundled in.

I don't know about water - but electricity is not bundled, so I would not expect water to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

unless it is serviced offices or a multi-tenanted unit.. no would be theb norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

pedronomix wrote: »
    unless it is serviced offices or a multi-tenanted unit.. no would be theb norm.

That's what I was trying to say, but had a blonde moment!

Even serviced offices tend not to bundle the rates. At least the ones I've seen quotes from.

Advertisement