Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigarette of choice...

Options
  • 09-09-2015 9:23am

...and why?

Funny how at certain times certain brands are in. I remember a time in the 90s when it seemed everyone smoked Rothmans! In more recent years it seemed like Benson and Hedges became very popular.

For some reason, I just took up smoking Silk Cut, initially purple but now blue. I just think they taste a bit...smoother.

If none available, I will switch to Marlboro Lights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

As a leglessly hammered 20 year old female trinity student with a nasal voice stumbling around the pub smoking area totally convinced of my own blistering sex appeal...my cigarette of choice is whatever you're smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Old Holborn, cos that's the way I roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I'm a Laramie man myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Major extra size cos when I smoke a silk cut it's horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I thought all the cool kids these day smoke crack ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Mod: I've moved this over to the smoking forum. Please note this forum's charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

I smoked either Bensons or Johnny Blue until moving on to Amber Leaf and then stopping. I find the class divide on cigarette brands quite interesting. Rolling tobacco aside as young people smoking baccy is fairly recent, I'd say around 80% of young working class smokers smoke Johnny Blue and 80% of middle class young smokers smoke Marlboro Lights. The rest are an assortment of B&H, Lucky Strikes and Silk Cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I used to smoke Carrolls and they're still the nicest I've smoked but haven't had one for years. It's Camel Light now when have a puff but I'll settle for Lucky Strike or Chesterfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Cigars ftw.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I smoke cigars and pipes but I have a friend who smokes cigarettes. One day he takes out a box of Marlboro Reds and my first reaction was asking him why he wasn't smoking his usual Bensen and Hedges.

He said 'All the blacks smoke them so I don't want the association'

Certainly one of those WTF moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 paulo84

recently changed to JP Blue Compacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I have recently got a cheap regular source of a cigarette called Berkeley, like the university, from a truck driving friend. They are quite a harsh draw. He was able to get me their Lights version which comes in a blue pack, but I can hardly get anything out of them so I have switched back to the Berkeley reds. I've just completed my second carton of red, having also done a carton of blues, and have another two cartons until I see him again. The more I smoke them, the more I like them.

I'm not sure I have seen them in the shops here. Has anyone else smoked them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I smoke John Player Blue and usually buy the 25-packs at €12 a pop.
    I've tried other cigs in the past but never liked any other than JP.

Today, in the shop buying my cigs, the guy behind the counter asked me if I'd tried JPS Special Blue as they were new in.
    29 cigs for €8!

I gave them a go, thinking I wouldn't like them, but I have to be honest, I don't see a difference between them and normal JPBlue.
    Worth a try, folks, if like me you're forking out €12 for a pack of 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭mckar

paulo84 wrote: »
    recently changed to JP Blue Compacts.

I tried the compacts found I was smoking double the amount.

JPB buying the 28 pack much better value I think they are tricking us in to smoking more a day.

Other half smokes Mayfair smooth (light blue)
    They are not to bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭edber2011

I have recently got a cheap regular source of a cigarette called Berkeley, like the university, from a truck driving friend. They are quite a harsh draw. He was able to get me their Lights version which comes in a blue pack, but I can hardly get anything out of them so I have switched back to the Berkeley reds. I've just completed my second carton of red, having also done a carton of blues, and have another two cartons until I see him again. The more I smoke them, the more I like them.

I'm not sure I have seen them in the shops here. Has anyone else smoked them?

God only knows whats in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭edber2011

The comment about changing trends is so true.
    I started off with major when I was young,then went on to bensons and then rothmans and have now settled on superkings black.
    I guess chasing the longer and stronger cigarette.

• Advertisement
Advertisement