Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VoIP How-To's / Adding Blueface SIP Trunk in FreePBX update

Options
  • 09-09-2015 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

I have just switched one of my main lines to blueface and was having serious problems after the port.

Randomly calls were getting a message saying the number was not in service. I assumed initially it was due to the porting not propagating but it turned out the message was coming from my FreePBX install.

I dug through the logs and found messages about rejecting calls from 194.213.29.91.

cust.ie.blueface.com resolves to 194.213.29.91 and 194.213.29.92, so when linux chooses 194.213.29.92 as the ip address no calls were getting through. It seems to cycle every half hour or so.

I found the FreePBX / Blueface trunk instructions on this forum and tried them without success.

host=cust.ie.blueface.com
    deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
    permit=194.213.29.0/255.255.0.0

For me the deny / permit sequence seemed to hold the key but adding them didn't help. I even rebooted the pbx to be sure.

I've changed the host to
    host=194.213.29.91
    and everything is working well so far today.

So the question is will this cause any problems? Why does the permit thing not work? Does it need to be 194.213.29.0/24 instead on my version of asterisk (13.3.2)? I haven't tried that as I'm leaving it well alone for now!

Is a change to the pinned instructions called for?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

You have to fill register string:
    username:password:cust.ie.blueface.com/username
    and also rest config:

username=username
    type=friend
    secret=password
    qualify=yes
    insecure=very
    host=cust.ie.blueface.com
    fromuser=username
    disallow=all - optional
    context=from-trunk
    allow=alaw&ulaw -optional

after that you will have no issues
    also blueface is using /24 subnet not /16

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Appreciate the help, but as I said in my post I have it working, I was just snipping the relevant bits and trying to make sure no one else had to go through the pain I went through.

I think you'll find a few of the peer details you gave are for really old versions of asterisk, although documentation is pretty hard to find.

It is all a bit of voodoo really.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Above config is not for old asterisk, if you will fine explanation for each entry you will understand they are essential.
    Wen blueface will start sending signaling from different host than 194.213.29.91 you config will be usless.
    Also i dont know how you can make outgoing call as you are not presenting username and password to them unless they have IP authentication done for you.

Advertisement