Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renaming split episodes

Options
  • 09-09-2015 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

So I got my hands on some stuff last week that I've been waiting a while for. Unfortunately, rather than single episodes, the files have been split into 9-10 sections and delivered that way. Usually, I would just glue them back together using Avidemux, but there's 158 episodes, and I haven't got that kind of time.

The Kodi wiki claims that Kodi can deal with split episodes as long as they're named sequentially, http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows#Split-episode, so I took the first set of files and used Dynamic Renamer to give them an incremental letter, ending up with

Title.yy.mm.dd.a.mp4
    Title.yy.mm.dd.b.mp4
    Title.yy.mm.dd.c.mp4

etc. However, when I bring this into Kodi, I get 10 different files, all called the same thing. Examining the wiki a bit some more again, I realised that they should be

Title.sxxe01.a.mp4
    Title.sxxe01.b.mp4
    Title.sxxe01.c.mp4

etc. However, if I put them through Filebot to get the season and episode, they all get the same name, it ignores the .a, .b, etc. I suspect the secret lies in changing the rename format in Filebot to pick up the extra letter, but it's beyond me. Anybody been through this experience and lived to tell the tale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Not in this particular scenario but I have used Bulk renamer in the past to handle renaming of a large amount of files based on specific criteria
    http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Tks, but it's the renaming I do in Filebot that is tripping me up. This utility looks up episode and seasons on thetvdb.com and renames the files appropriately, so while I can easily have the part letter or number attached before it goes into Filebot, I'm failing at getting Filebot to parse it out and attach it after it's looked up thetvdb info.

Advertisement