Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stumped as to which way to proceed with patio.

Options
  • 09-09-2015 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I have received so many conflicting opinions on how to go about tiling my patio that I am now stuck unable to make a decision.

The background to it is that I have 100 sqm to be tiled. The area is concrete with slight falls. However the drop from lip of back door is about 50mm and I have bought a 10mm tile. The company who I bought the tiles from say I need to put a screed on top of the concrete to bring it up to just under the lip so there is not a big step from inside to outside, but, they are not willing to do it. They also said that they would not tile on top of concrete. Another tiler said I cannot do this and I should think about using a cement board to raise it up. I have been told I can't put a thin layer of concrete on top of concrete because it will freeze then crumble. The builder who laid the concrete said a screed won't work.

This has been going on for 2 months now and the summer has gone and no one is willing to make a concrete decision (excuse the pun).

Has anyone been in this situation? Did you find a satisfactory solution?

Please move if this is not the correct forum.

Thank you.

Advertisement