Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 phone ringing 1890 numbers

• 09-09-2015 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

I can't seem to ring 1890 numbers from my phone .. My plan is bill pay with 3 .. Anyone know is there some settings issue or why I can't ring 1890 number ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

hurler32 wrote: »
    I can't seem to ring 1890 numbers from my phone .. My plan is bill pay with 3 .. Anyone know is there some settings issue or why I can't ring 1890 number ?

I'm not with 3 so I can't comment on your problem but use the below site for alternative numbers it will save you getting charged for the call.

http://www.saynoto1890.com/a-z-listing/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its a premium number, some times they are not allowed by default on an account and you just have to ring customer care and ask them to turn them on. Thats how I have found it with vodafone anyways, im sure same applies with 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭StonyIron

It probably gets somehow classified as premium alright even though it's not.

You sometimes have to have paid several bills on time or pay a bill in advance or something like that before some networks will lift the bar on premium and international calls.

Ring 1913 customer care and ask what's going on or use the talk to three forum on boards.

Also, I'd avoid 1850, 1890 and 0818 like the plague! Always Google for a landline alternative (often listed as the from abroad / international number).

You'll be charged at high, out of bundle rates for the call otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Warning: it can cost an absolute fortune to ring those numbers. I got chatting with a nice woman on a directory enquiries number a few years ago, still remember my heart leaping into my mouth when I got the bill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Be very very careful out of bundle a lot of these " call save " numbers with 3 ... Had a huge bill years ago over them while on contract ... Agree say no to 11890 or whatever is way to go

• Advertisement
Advertisement