Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does my efibre keep dropping connection?

Options
  • 09-09-2015 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

At random times my connection drops and its really starting to annoy the crap out of me. Also I'm paying for 100Mb and i'm only getting 25Mb down and less than 20 up. Why should I pay 100% of my bill when i get 25% of the speed I'm paying for??

4649023793.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

same problem here , i was told id get full capabilities of Efibre as my house is yards from the cabinet yet these are my current results.. added to the fact that on top of this i am paying for a Landline i neither need or want then unless things improve dramatically ill be switching to Vodafone as soon as my contract is up  

4658514645.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    At random times my connection drops and its really starting to annoy the crap out of me. Also I'm paying for 100Mb and i'm only getting 25Mb down and less than 20 up. Why should I pay 100% of my bill when i get 25% of the speed I'm paying for??

4649023793.png
    Hi Wetbench4

I'm sorry to hear of this. The best advice I can offer in relation to connection drops is to contact eircoms technical support team on free phone 1901 or Local 1890260260.

In relation to your question about the speeds you are paying for; All speeds are advertised, sold and provided on the specific condition and term as " up to " - this is because a specific speeds can't be guaranteed and this is actually a feature of all internet service providers. There could be many reasons for the speeds being at 25Mb but it really would be best raising this with the technical support team.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement