Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armello... a well done boardgame.

Options
  • 09-09-2015 1:14pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Armello is a class game, great graphics, well done tutorial (very indepth and with its own story). Single player, multiplayer, progression arcs for cards and items and all the time a very tight and well balanced (ish!) game at the heart of it.

For 20 euros, its a definite buy if you have any interest in games like Catan or Civ (on a small scale).

Its like Settlers gameplay meets Game of Thrones politicking on a hex board in glorious 3d graphics.

Bought it yesterday and am still figuring out the depths of the strategies.
    Well worth the price imho.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I heard someone mentioned Civ and I got here as quick as I could.
    Still feeling the "Beyond Earth" burn and need the void filled

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well the Civ thing is really more in the sort of look of the game and the Hex based board. I would say its the weakest resemblance I mentioned. It does have 4 different routes to victory and in that way you kinda have to plan your development towards the strategy for victory you have chosen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It popped up on my Steam queue the other day. Does look like an interesting game. The GOT style of gameplay sounds appealing. Probably a Christmas sale purchase for me.

Advertisement