Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exporting transactions

Options
  • 09-09-2015 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

I used to download my account transactions regularly but I've been busy and hadn't thought of it until tax season started looming.

I only just realised that you can only export data from the last 12 months. This seems ludicrous, since they are my records, and BOI certainly still have them -- and can call them up if they want.

I've been onto customer service, but the girl I talked to *didn't know you could export transactions at all* -- so I'm not keen to accept her judgement on this issue.

How do I get a useful electronic copy of my transactions for 2014? I'm waiting for the inevitable answer of 'not possible'.

---TANGENT---
    Reminds me of what my health insurance company said when I asked to cancel in the middle of the year -- 'not possible'. I told them I was sure it *was* possible but they just didn't want to do it.

After a few emails, it turns out it was possible after all, if I paid their expenses. When I asked about these, they couldn't provide any details so just cancelled the policy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

postdarwin wrote: »
    I used to download my account transactions regularly but I've been busy and hadn't thought of it until tax season started looming.

I only just realised that you can only export data from the last 12 months. This seems ludicrous, since they are my records, and BOI certainly still have them -- and can call them up if they want.

I've been onto customer service, but the girl I talked to *didn't know you could export transactions at all* -- so I'm not keen to accept her judgement on this issue.

How do I get a useful electronic copy of my transactions for 2014? I'm waiting for the inevitable answer of 'not possible'.

---TANGENT---
    Reminds me of what my health insurance company said when I asked to cancel in the middle of the year -- 'not possible'. I told them I was sure it *was* possible but they just didn't want to do it.

After a few emails, it turns out it was possible after all, if I paid their expenses. When I asked about these, they couldn't provide any details so just cancelled the policy.
    Hi postdarwin,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

When you download your transaction history in CSV format, the transactions will go back to a maximum of 12 months only.

If you need the details of your transactions further back than this time frame, it would be necessary to check your past Statements for this period. Please note that if you are signed up for eStatements, these would be available to view online going back to February 2012 and you can save to your own PC and print when needed. 

If you need help with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

>"How do I get a useful electronic copy of my transactions for 2014?"

So, 'not possible' then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IvoShandor

Well, it's tax time again.

Obviously, some people would like to enter all their transactions for the previous tax year (2015) into a spreadsheet. Unfortunately, these cannot be accessed -- except in paper form (i.e. print a PDF).

Any advance on this? Or will we always have to remember to keep exporting every month?

Why is there a limit of 12 months history? Is text data storage really so expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

IvoShandor wrote: »
    Well, it's tax time again.

Obviously, some people would like to enter all their transactions for the previous tax year (2015) into a spreadsheet. Unfortunately, these cannot be accessed -- except in paper form (i.e. print a PDF).

Any advance on this? Or will we always have to remember to keep exporting every month?

Why is there a limit of 12 months history? Is text data storage really so expensive?
    Good afternoon IvoShandor,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

The option to export your transaction history to a CSV file remains at the previous 12 months worth of transactions. We are sorry to hear that this does not meet your current needs and we will certainly pass your comments to the 365Online team for review.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement