Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of Payment to UK

Options
  • 09-09-2015 1:21pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I recently purchased a ticket for a tour online using a visa debit card. The tour is in the UK, and so the payment was in GBP. It therefore shows up on my visa debit statement as a conversion from EUR to GBP.

However, for whatever reason while the payment went through, my booking didn’t. The tour company is willing to refund me the money if I can prove that a payment was made to them, but of course my statement only shows the conversion to STG. Is there any way to get a statement which shows where the money ultimately went?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

andrew wrote: »
     I recently purchased a ticket for a tour online using a visa debit card. The tour is in the UK, and so the payment was in GBP. It therefore shows up on my visa debit statement as a conversion from EUR to GBP.

However, for whatever reason while the payment went through, my booking didn’t. The tour company is willing to refund me the money if I can prove that a payment was made to them, but of course my statement only shows the conversion to STG. Is there any way to get a statement which shows where the money ultimately went?
    Hi andrew,

Thanks for your post.

We can check this transaction for you as we may be able to provide a more detailed proof of payment. Please call 0818 365 365 (+3531 4044000 from abroad) and a representative can check this further for you.

We also have a visa debit dispute form here that you can complete if you are unable to resolve this directly with the retailer.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement