Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone recognize these forks?.

• 09-09-2015 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

They're on the Suzuki SV650s we bought but I'm almost certain they're not SV forks.

Anyone?.

361699.jpg

361700.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

They look stock to me except someone has gone at them with a polishing mop.
    Stick some antiseize on the pinch bolts before they weld themselves in to the leg though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

CJhaughey wrote: »
    They look stock to me except someone has gone at them with a polishing mop.
    Stick some antiseize on the pinch bolts before they weld themselves in to the leg though!

Yea the polish is a bit messy. But I can't find fork legs on SV photos which are anyway similar to these.

Replaced the brake pads, overhauled the calipers (which was in a mess). Pulled out the carbs and cleaned those plus replaced both throttle cables plus choke cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

Wossack wrote: »

That looks like 'em alright!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was going to say bandit 650 but not certain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

They aren't VTR forks, VTR ones have another band of aluminium above the bottom where they reinforce the top mount for the brake caliper.
    SV650S pic
    361775.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Guys here reckon stock forks or bandit. Suzuki anyway.

Just to confirm, CJHaughey was correct.. They're SV forks.

Advertisement