Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to athy

• 09-09-2015 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi. I know it is already thread about it, but its old enough.
    Need to move to Athy co. Kildare
    Could someone tell me which estates are nice and quiet and which you dont recomend to move in?

Dont asking about what happens there week ago... Just looking for some info about estates. Also... Its only few houses on daft avaliable. Maybe someon heard about something to rent?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Coneyboro would be my first choice, I lived there for a few years and enjoyed it, I don't know much about the others

• Registered Users Posts: 10 romi.dab

Any one know something about appartemnts called The Harbour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

don't know where the harbour apartments are, do you mean the marina court ?

don't know where the harbour apartments are, do you mean the marina court ?

Its beside canal on nelson st. Close to main street

Ah, I know where you mean, didn't know what they were called. would be a nice area, couple of older estates nearby, but i'd imagine it's quiet enough. underground parking, and very convenient to town

• Advertisement

Ah, I know where you mean, didn't know what they were called. would be a nice area, couple of older estates nearby, but i'd imagine it's quiet enough. underground parking, and very convenient to town

Area nice but apartment... in bad condition.

My last question is about area called Corran Ard. its on blackparks. Its big estate and sems to be nice.
    Anyone know something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

romi.dab wrote: »
    Area nice but apartment... in bad condition.

My last question is about area called Corran Ard. its on blackparks. Its big estate and sems to be nice.
    Anyone know something?

Have a friend who lives in Corran Ard
    grand place

thelawman wrote: »
    Have a friend who lives in Corran Ard
    grand place

Estate looks nice.
    Thanks all for your answers

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭odeamarcas

Hi, I bought a house in Corran Ard in April, and before that I lived in the Coneyboro for 1 year. Both places are fine. The neighbourhoods are relatively quiet for estates of this size. Naturally you have to be lucky with your neighbours but all in all I would recommend either or.

Corran Ard is unlucky in traffic terms because it is located on the south of the town which means you have to navigate heavier traffic than you would if living on the east of the town at Coneyboro.

They are both similar distances into the town centre.

Coneyboro houses are slightly larger and perhaps also slightly better insulated.

Any other questions...just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 coderdojo

Hi, I have a sale agreed property in corran ard. now I found that insurance company thinks its flood risk area. How are the houses insured ovetthere? Do you know anything about the flood it happened in 2008/2009? How severe was it. Will i be okay without flood insurace? I am bit skeptical and reluctant now. Any advice or knowledge about the flood risk would be appreciated. TIA

• Advertisement

Corran Ard is on the Kilkenny Road, I can't understand how it is a flood risk!!!. I'd suggest talking to the insurance company again and ask them to explain, otherwise get a different insurer

• Registered Users Posts: 3 coderdojo

Corran Ard is on the Kilkenny Road, I can't understand how it is a flood risk!!!. I'd suggest talking to the insurance company again and ask them to explain, otherwise get a different insurer

I have been in touch with residents and found that there was a flood back in 2009 at the back of the estate, not since then. Non of the residents have flood cover but i guess the estate will be fine. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alinbudes

Hi,
    Does anyone know if in Corran Ard estate exist a residents association or if the council is taking care of the roads, footpaths, electric lighting, sewers and water mains?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SFB66

I would definitely recommend Coneyboro. Quiet Estate and well kept. It is also on the Dublin side of town so you don't have to go through the traffic in the town if driving to Dublin or going to the train station - it cuts a lot of time off the commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 capena

Hi There,

I know there are few threads about Athy but they are old enough.

We're planning to buy a house in Ardrew Fields.

Can anyone give us an idea about how is the area?
    Is it nice, quiet and secure?

Recommendations about it would be very welcome as well.

Thanks very much for your time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 capena

Hi Guys,

I know there are few threads about Athy but they are old enough.

We're planning to buy a house in Ardrew Fields.

Can anyone give us an idea of how is the area?
    Is it nice, quiet and secure?

Recommendations about it would be very welcome as well.

Thanks very much for your time.

Advertisement