Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for an electric shower

Options
  • 09-09-2015 2:13pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I got a quote to get an electric shower put in this morning.

The price quoted was for €580 for a Trinton T90 and €200 for plumbing etc.

I'm fine with the €200 but does the price of the Trinton seem high and does anyone have any opinion on any other sort of shower or recommendations?

Woodies are selling it for less than €300, would it be considered out of order ot buy a shower myself and then get someone to fit it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hi,

I got a quote to get an electric shower put in this morning.

The price quoted was for €580 for a Trinton T90 and €200 for plumbing etc.

I'm fine with the €200 but does the price of the Trinton seem high and does anyone have any opinion on any other sort of shower or recommendations?

Woodies are selling it for less than €300, would it be considered out of order ot buy a shower myself and then get someone to fit it?

Thanks!

Need more info here. Is there already an electric shower in place. Typically an 8.5KW T90 is about €225 at trade.

If it needs to be wired from new an electrician needs to install an RCBO in the fuseboard wire this with 10mm^2 cable (Not Cheap!!!) to a pull cord switch for local isolation and from here to the shower. The electrician then needs to test and certify. This is where the extra expense is coming from

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

+1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Thanks, yeah there is no electrics there at present so that all needs to be done.

Is the price fair enough so?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Is the price fair enough so?

Can't say definitely without seeing it, but most likely it is a fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Seems fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,095 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

If you are in Dublin the average price for a triton t90z 8.5kw is 600 supplied and fitted by a dedicated shower installation company. This includes shower and all electrical and plumbing materials and will be installed by an electrician and a plumber. A triton t90z 9.5 kw shower is around 700 Euro supplied and fitted.
    The price you are quoted is a little high for a 9.5 kw but you are being robbed blind if its an 8.5's.
    Get other prices. Try dedicated shower companies. Because they fit hundreds per year/several per day , compared to someone doing 7 or 8 per year, you'll find them much cheaper.
    If you live outside of Dublin I don't know what to tell you.
    Definitely get other prices

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Sounds excessive to me. I got a new t90 installed and fitted and also a new immersion in the tank for 500 even. Ring around, more info is needed but reckon you could do better

Edit: Just seen your other post. Labour seems fair, I still reckon you could pick up the actual unit cheaper. I've seen them for sub 250 before

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Thanks, thought 780 was a bit steep myself but I've no idea what these things cost in general, I'll try a few other places anyway and see if the price is similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

Is it a bungalow or two story you living op?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Thanks, thought 780 was a bit steep myself but I've no idea what these things cost in general, I'll try a few other places anyway and see if the price is similar.

http://www.smithsbuildingsupplies.com/featured/triton-t90-shower

Tell them you will supply the shower. 220 here

• Advertisement

316 wrote: »
    Is it a bungalow or two story you living op?

2 story
    duffman13 wrote: »
    http://www.smithsbuildingsupplies.com/featured/triton-t90-shower

Tell them you will supply the shower. 220 here

Thanks for that, the price he quoted was for supply and fitting but I'll ask about supplying it myself maybe.

Two links below to proper shower installation companies & one for an electrical company. Prices start at €590 supplied & fitted for a Triton T90Z. Parts, labour & vat. It pays to shop around

http://www.theshowerpeople.com/electric-shower-repairs-dublin-mira-triton/?gclid=CMC3r83568cCFQFQ2wodMPkL_g

http://www.dublinshowerrepair.com/triton-t90z-85kw.html

http://www.electrite.ie/#!triton-electric-showers/c1gcg

One of those is where I got my quote, the €590 is to supply and fit, but as I don't have any electrics in the bathroom there is another €200 on top. As I said it seemed a bit steep but it does seem to be a fair price from what I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Thanks for this thread!

Was looking for the same info myself

Try Dublin Shower Repair or The Shower Centre on the Malahide road. €600 supplied & fitted. This will include an electrician running power from fuseboad to the shower.
    Your quote is nearly 200 euro above average. It should always work out cheaper for the tradesman to supply all materials inc the shower. There is a vat rate difference between buying materials and what he is changing for the whole job. By law he has to pass on the vat difference because it is vat & not his money

Went with Dublin shower repair and was quoted €590, going to go with that. Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Advertisement