Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pick Your Poison No.22 - Favourite Radical

• 09-09-2015 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

It's back, everyone's favourite pick and click series returns with a Radical edition. It's quite simple, you just vote for your favorite member of this ground breaking crew and slap up a line or two as to why you chose who you chose. Could be cool to get some discussion going. Did they all reach their potential? Were any under utilised? Would you maybe have liked to see someone else debut with them? Vote away folks and we'll see who comes out on top.

Chris Benoit

benoit_chris.JPG

Roll of Honour:
    ECW Tag Team Championship

WCW Heavyweight Champion
    WCW United States Champion x2
    WCW Television Champion x3
    WCW Tag Team Champion x2

WWE World Heavyweight Champion
    WWE Intercontinental Champion x4
    WWE United States Champion x3
    WWE Tag Team Champion x4

PWI Wrestler of the Year 2004
    Wrestling Observer Best Technical Wrestler (94,95,00,03,04)

Eddie Guerrero

guerrerro-eddie11.jpg

Roll Of Honour:
    ECW Television Champion x2

WCW United States Champion
    WCW Cruiserweight Champion x2

WWE Champion
    WWE Intercontinental Champion x2
    WWE United States Champion
    WWE Tag Team Champion x4
    WWE European Champion

2006 Hall Of Fame

Perry Saturn

Perry%20Saturn.jpg

Roll Of Honour:
    USWA Tag Team Champion

ECW Tag Team Champion x3

WCW Television Champion
    WCW Tag Team Champion x2

WWE European Champion
    WWE Hardcore Champion x2

Dean Malenko

dean-malenko-04-1358099428.jpg

Roll Of Honour:
    ECW Tag Team Champion
    ECW Televison Champion x2

WCW United States Champion
    WCW Tag Team Champion
    WCW Crusierweight Champion x4

WWE Light Heavyweight Champion x2

PWI Wrestler of the Year 1997
    PW Boards Unified Cruiser/L'Heavyweight Tournament 2014

Favourite Radical 30 votes

Chris Benoit
    0% 0 votes
    Eddie Guererro
    30% 9 votes
    Perry Saturn
    66% 20 votes
    Dean Malenko
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I went for Malenko. When they first went in, Benoit had the greatest impact no doubt but Ive soured on him for obvious reasons. Malenko was always great to watch in the ring for me and since most will vote for Benoit and Eddy (whos injury hurt his initial push),Ill give the Iceman the nod as hes one of my personal favs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Also went for Malenko and yet despite that I would expect Eddie to win out here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I went for Eddie. I'm mostly familiar with Malenko and Saturn from their WWE/F work, which wasn't always the greatest stuff on the show. Benoit was great, but Guerrero had everything. He had the skills, he had the charisma, and he was able to connect with the audience in a way that I don't think any of the other Radicalz could quite manage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Chris Benoit. I used to watch Nitro from time to time and he was one of the standouts for me when I used to see him with The Four Horsemen. When he came to WWF I loved his series with Kurt Angle. I am a huge Bret Hart mark and he reminded me a bit of his style too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Also went for Malenko and yet despite that I would expect Eddie to win out here

If we all think like that...... #MalenkoMagic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I've gone for Eddie. Whether heel or face I loved what he brought to the gimmick, was great in-ring, hard-working and rising to the top of WWF/E is/was a great story. He also great matches with almost everybody he faced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If you've ever seen Perry Saturn as one half of the Eliminators (with OSW demi-god Kronus) you'll know that the version we got in WWE was nothing compared to what it could have been. He used to hit sick legsweeps, moonsaults, the works, not to mention this mental spot from a scaffold...

http://gfycat.com/SolidThriftyKronosaurus

He went to WCW and put on a good bit of muscle and start perfecting Greco-Roman throws and suplexes to beat the band. He was good there too.

I feel he got a little too muscular though and it took away a lot of his aerial stuff by the time he landed in Vinceland, which was a shame. Vastly underrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah I definitely felt that it was a different incarnation of Perry Saturn when he got to WWF. He was in the Flock at one stage in WCW wasn't he? That was my lasting memory of him. It seemed to me like he was always portrayed as a bit of a screwball and hadn't a hope of being taken seriously after a while. Typical Vince, only taking half of any team seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I picked Benoit , what he did in his personal life is awful obviously but I always judge them by the character not the man

Loved Benoit and Eddie but I feel Benoit had to work so much harder for his success where as Eddie was kind of easy to love him because he was a really charismatic and funny guy anyway , Benoit broke his balls to get to the top of the WWE and even when he did his title was taken off him in a whim because Vince didn't want Brock to be the youngest WWE champion

Malenko was awesome but I didn't really discover his non WWE stuff till years later , Saturn was the weak link of the bunch for me especially in the wwe , I don't know where they were going with the whole moppy thing it was so stupid ...even by WWE standards

I picked Benoit , what he did in his personal life is awful obviously but I always judge them by the character not the man

Loved Benoit and Eddie but I feel Benoit had to work so much harder for his success where as Eddie was kind of easy to love him because he was a really charismatic and funny guy anyway , Benoit broke his balls to get to the top of the WWE and even when he did his title was taken off him in a whim because Vince didn't want Brock to be the youngest WWE champion

Malenko was awesome but I didn't really discover his non WWE stuff till years later , Saturn was the weak link of the bunch for me especially in the wwe , I don't know where they were going with the whole moppy thing it was so stupid ...even by WWE standards

That was a puinshment gimmick for him hammering the life out of a jobber where the jobber dropped Saturn on his head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Eddie for me. He could do it all in the ring, and had charisma by the bucketload.

Benoit was brilliant technically, and great to watch too. But Eddie edges it for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I liked all of them. All were great wrestlers, but Eddie had more charisma and personality then the other 3 put together.

Eddie is way out in front with a whopping 60% lead. His charisma obviously being a major factor. If you didn't really know who they were on their debut on Raw, who initially excited you most or you thought ''yeah, that guy could be good''?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eddie steals it over Benoit for me, so much charisma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I voted Eddie. Fully expected him to win and he is. Personal opinion on all 4 are :

Eddie ; One of the most charismatic wrestlers of the last 30 years. Whether heel or face he got a reaction and was always capable of stealing the show when jerking the curtain, filling out the mid-card or being the main event.

Saturn ; I love Saturn. I loved his WcW run with the Flock the resultant feud with the Flock then his team with Raven in early 99 is so underrated its criminal. I wish WWE had made Saturn and Raven a full time tag team in 00-02. As already mentioned his Eliminators team with Kronus was great and the moves he could do in ECW were jaw dropping. Also the best flying elbow in the business by somebody not named Randy Savage.

Malenko ; Great to watch in the weekly workrate matches on Nitro. Whether as Cruiser or US or Tag champ he always delivered. His ECW is overrated in my opinion. Tag team with ****** while in the Horsemen was some of his best work. Also his WWE "James Bond" run was brilliant while it lasted.

****** ; Anything he did in the ring is in my opinion negated by what happened.

Advertisement