Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 separate eircom engineers advice

• 09-09-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I've had this on going issue for the past 18 months. I have broadband and get around 3/4mb but it's very intermittent and keeps going down every few months due to some fault on the line. In this time i've had 3 different engineers out to my property and each one has told me the same thing.

Basically there seems to be two different systems within Eircom one for engineers and one the Eircom sales "see". The problem is the engineers are all telling me i'm on a different cabinet to the one eircom sales think i am on. 

I've been told 3 times by 3 different engineers that i'm definitely on a fibre enabled cabinet and i should have fibre (they have given me the cabinet details and shown me on the handheld device the cabinet number) but every time i ring eircom sales they tell me i couldn't possibly be on said cabinet that i'm actually on another non fibre cabinet and i'll be contacted in due course when its available.

Can i please speak to someone who can have a look at these discrepancies. My information is clearly incorrect on the eircom systems and all the advise i've been given is to cancel my account which seems crazy considering it just needs to be updated.

Regards,

Jones

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Tow

Getting fibre is not going to stop your " very intermittent and keeps going down every few months due to some fault on the line" problem!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

Tow wrote: »
    Getting fibre is not going to stop your " very intermittent and keeps going down every few months due to some fault on the line" problem!
    I was told by the engineers it would definitely help it as fibre is coming from the cabinet versus the exchange so i'd have a lot less of a distance to contend with. By its very nature if i had fibre i'd have a lot less issues.

Regardless i want my information to be correct on the eircom system as at the moment i'm getting conflicting reports between engineers and eircom employees. 2 engineers have advised me to cancel the account and set up new account but it seems like such a backwards way if the system could be updated and sort all of this out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Tow

Keep at it. UPC are no better, I friend of mine built a new house at the side of his
    old house. He had UPC internet in the old house, UPC extended the cable 6 feet to his new house, but 'the computer' said there was no internet available in the area.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

I was speaking to someone in Eircom yesterday who seemed to understand the issue and is to call me back today. If i hear something back i'll let the guys on here know they don't have to deal with this issue.

Hopefully can get this sorted once and for all

I never received a call back from Eircom last thursday so am still waiting to cease my current plan and get a new efibre plan. 
    Can someone on the boards team have a look at my account please??

Regards,

Jones

• Advertisement

This thread can be closed (not that i recieved any help from Eir employees) i have started a cease and reprovide with Eir sales.

Advertisement