Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office space

Options
  • 09-09-2015 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

i began a search for office space in late July. Never thought it would be this difficult.

ideally I'm looking for a 2 person office with the option to possibly expand to 3, though thats not a must.

does anyone have any idea of some managed/serviced office spaces where I don't have to commit to a long term lease?

i havent closed my mind to a non managed/serviced office, just don't really want to be tied into a long term lease and have the 'hassle' of setting up power, broadband etc.

i've tried regus, sky etc and was really wondering if anyone had any other options, or if anyone was currently using one they would recommend.

I'm making it a little more difficult in limiting the area to North County Dublin.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

newdigi wrote: »
    does anyone have any idea of some managed/serviced office spaces where I don't have to commit to a long term lease?

Define "long term"

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭newdigi

i suppose more than a year. the hope is that within a year or two i will be able to take on more staff and will then need a larger space which is why a serviced office type of setup would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭PhiliousPhogg

Don't Local Enterprise Offices provide small working office spaces? Possibly shared. Have you tried phoning your LEO, the ISME, or Enterprise Ireland?

Don't Local Enterprise Offices provide small working office spaces? Possibly shared. Have you tried phoning your LEO, the ISME, or Enterprise Ireland?

yep the local LEO has a great office space resource but nothing available at the moment. hadn't thought of ISME, will give them a shout. Thanks

I suppose I was hoping that some people have experience of/are currently in serviced offices and could advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Serviced office contracts that I've seen in the past started at 3 months minimum. Are you finding companies want you to commit for longer than this?

• Advertisement

Serviced office contracts that I've seen in the past started at 3 months minimum. Are you finding companies want you to commit for longer than this?

no not necessarily.
    i've really only been looking at serviced offices so far (regus and sky) and was wondering if there are others in the area that I may have missed that people know about, would recommend etc.

in terms of non-serviced offices, i'm avoiding those at the moment because ideally id like to be able to walk into an office with a desk, electricity, phone and broadband already in place.

i won't be ruling those out though as if I don't find a suitable serviced office, I will opt for the other.

something i hadn't really thought about much until I received a PM about it was a shared office space. This also could be an option.

My first choice right now though would be a serviced office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GStones32

newdigi wrote: »
    i began a search for office space in late July. Never thought it would be this difficult.

ideally I'm looking for a 2 person office with the option to possibly expand to 3, though thats not a must.

i havent closed my mind to a non managed/serviced office, just don't really want to be tied into a long term lease and have the 'hassle' of setting up power, broadband etc.

i've tried regus, sky etc and was really wondering if anyone had any other options, or if anyone was currently using one they would recommend.

Thanks!

I have an office in Ranelagh if that would suit? I have 3 rooms and I'm only really using one. Broadband, bills etc are all up and running and there wouldn't be any long term commitment needed, I'd be glad to help you out.

GStones32 wrote: »
    I have an office in Ranelagh if that would suit? I have 3 rooms and I'm only really using one. Broadband, bills etc are all up and running and there wouldn't be any long term commitment needed, I'd be glad to help you out.

Thanks a lot for the offer. I'm hoping to stay a little closer to home (north county Dub) to avoid traffic.

Thank you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Hi,

I'm in a place called the Docklands Innovation Park which is in East Wall, Dublin 3 and has free parking and fair rent and is secure and has a cafe. Also is serviced with reception and phone/internet.

I was just speaking to the manager, he may have a small unit free.

<snip> - mod note: dont post a mobile phone number on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

<snip>

You probably shouldn't post his number on here - just PM it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MrCostington

MOH wrote: »
    <snip>

You probably shouldn't post his number on here - just PM it

Opps. sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

There is a Fumbally Exchange (shared co-working space) in Balbriggan if that would be of interest. PM me if you would like more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Sorry to resurrect an old thread

@newdigi

We are also looking at the serviced office route and wondering what costs they were quoting you.

we are at 4 people but looking to go to 8 this year and thinking before we start hiring to secure some office space first.

I am always concious with these sort of places that they make their money on the hiding costs like meeting room hire etc.

thanks
    Boom Boom

Advertisement