Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Touch Gear

Options
  • 09-09-2015 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I see this gear in Elverys and it's really cheap. Is it any good? I was looking at their jacket and it looks nice and is only 30 euro, but I don't want to end up buying it and it disintegrating in the rain or something. I also need to pick up a few tshirts and shorts.

Cheap ****e or good stuff at a good price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

I see this gear in Elverys and it's really cheap. Is it any good? I was looking at their jacket and it looks nice and is only 30 euro, but I don't want to end up buying it and it disintegrating in the rain or something. I also need to pick up a few tshirts and shorts.

Cheap ****e or good stuff at a good price?

Cheap sh1te.
    Bought pair of shorts recently when I could not find brand I wanted.
    Shop assistant warned me against it, she was right.
    Poor fit and finish, got baggy after few washes.
    Got gift of socks and hat too - not well made - better with Aldi/Lidl if you don't want brand name prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

I have a couple of pairs of their shorts for training and they are fine, comfortable, no issues and have lasted well so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I have a few tops and seem grand also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

I use their 3/4 shorts and they are great. They are lighter than the lidl/aldi ones and haven't lacerated me if caught in heavy rain. I like the gear and normally have buy one get one half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

T Shirts are fine, picked up a few for training in the buy 1 get one half price sale for €15ish for 2.
    Wash and wear well and are a step or two above your usual freebies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Since everyone else was positive, I should expand on my negative comments.

I bought shorts like these a few months ago.
    http://www.elverys.ie/product/pro-touch-parkin-ux-mens-running-short-black/226411/0000001367
    I found the elastic waist was uncomfortable with "bunching" around the top.
    They seemed to fit well the first time but by the second or third "wash and wear" they felt baggy at the back - maybe I just lost weight but my 2-3 year old Nike equivalents are still fine.

I also recently got a lightweight running hat/beanie. It had a large ProTouch logo which faded after 2-3 washes. The socks were ok. I think these ones: http://www.elverys.ie/Product/pro-touch-ummu-running-sock-whiteblack/225458/0000002522 but they were not as absorbent as other similar looking brand name ones e.g. "1000 miles"

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

Cheers lads, think I'll just pick up a few tshirts in that buy-one-get-one-half-price deal and leave the jackets, socks, etc. to the more well-known brands.

Advertisement