Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron Micro Desktop €149 @ DELL Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭ablelocks

finally figured out what this will be used for...

1435744890539732807.png

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

....... they've removed the option of the palm rest so keyboard and mouse automatically selected and can't be deselected bringing the price up to €149.

.... can't figure out a workaround. P****d off as I had the €127 option saved in my basket and it's been removed because of the change :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Furzy wrote: »
    ....... they've removed the option of the palm rest so keyboard and mouse automatically selected and can't be deselected bringing the price up to €149.

.... can't figure out a workaround. P****d off as I had the €127 option saved in my basket and it's been removed because of the change :mad:

Thank God for that! I was holding out and was going to buy on Monday after I top up my account but won't buy now as they are trying to force options onto us!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Do I need to buy one of Dell's (very expensive) SATA cables to install a 2.5" SATA HDD?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I finally caved and made a purchase a little after midnight last night on the UK site.

I'm now flat out broke, but delighted nonetheless :D:D:D

I checked earlier today to see that the option to customize accessories is no longer available on the Irish or UK site, so the prices are fixed at 149euro or 99GBP respectively

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Je suis Hoplite

maik3n wrote: »
    Why are you using parcel motel?
    I just ordered with my normal Meath home address and all went through fine.

PS. Thanks for the headz up about this machine bromley.

For the principle reason parcel motel are in business: stopping the return of parcels because nobody's in to accept them. They have to have a person to receive them if they are purchased on credit card. I have had dreadful experiences with Amazon and last time stuff I order twice was sent back both times as nobody was in at the exact time they tried to deliver (they'll do so only once) and they just send them straight back and cancel the order. In fact, only for parcel motel (which I have yet to use) I wouldn't buy off Amazon again as they are just a total pain in the derriere.

Not sure I will bother ordering one now as the lower price of £81 is gone.

BTW parcel motel's Dublin receiving office eircode is D11RW30. For a parcel delivery service it's pretty poor of them not to have it emblazoned on their website. Their customer agent said they would get their IT team to update the website. Looks like Dell are losing one sale as a result of insisting on a valid postal code for delivery as I would have ordered it a few days ago but got stuck on the post code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Is your issue with the courier used or An Post rather than Amazon? Usually An Post deliver my stuff from Amazon and if I'm not there it goes to the local sorting office.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭tipperary

Anyone tried this with kodi? Would be interested in how it performs compared to openelec on a nuc or pi2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

tipperary wrote: »
    Anyone tried this with kodi? Would be interested in how it performs compared to openelec on a nuc or pi2

Will be testing it to stream a movie online using Kodi tomorrow and will also be watching some live sports via Chrome. If it handles both of those I'll be happy. I've already tested Netflix and YouTube and IMO the quality of the Netflix picture is the best I've ever seen but then I'm comparing it to an Android box which cna only run the Netflix Mobile App which is horrible to navigate and is the main reason I decided to try this box.

For the principle reason parcel motel are in business: stopping the return of parcels because nobody's in to accept them. They have to have a person to receive them if they are purchased on credit card. I have had dreadful experiences with Amazon and last time stuff I order twice was sent back both times as nobody was in at the exact time they tried to deliver (they'll do so only once) and they just send them straight back and cancel the order. In fact, only for parcel motel (which I have yet to use) I wouldn't buy off Amazon again as they are just a total pain in the derriere.

I've never heard of a parcel being returned to Amazon. If it can't be delivered it goes to the an post sorting office, why would it be returned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Furzy wrote: »

Maybe there was a run on the palm rests and they are now out of stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Maybe there was a run on the palm rests and they are now out of stock?

If anyone needs a palm rest, let me know :-)

theShire wrote: »
    If anyone needs a palm rest, let me know :-)

Maybe if we all sent them back to DELL, they might let others buy them again, to get the extra discount.

Or we might see them flood Advert.IE in the next few days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

BTW parcel motel's Dublin receiving office eircode is D11RW30. For a parcel delivery service it's pretty poor of them not to have it emblazoned on their website. Their customer agent said they would get their IT team to update the website. Looks like Dell are losing one sale as a result of insisting on a valid postal code for delivery as I would have ordered it a few days ago but got stuck on the post code.

ordered one and we never received our eircode so didn't put one in. no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Je suis Hoplite

Yes it was Amazon and the regular super saver free delivery. Don't know what was different this time but on both occasions the package was sent back and order cancelled (after only 1 try on each occasion and no offer to get it at sorting office). I have no idea who was doing the delivery but sounds like it wasn't An Post. I gave up in the end and got the stuff elsewhere.

I could not order from Dell without a postal code and I tried the usual 'Dublin' or 'N/A' but nothing worked. I have no idea how you were allowed to leave it blank as it wouldn't let me.

Yes it was Amazon and the regular super saver free delivery. Don't know what was different this time but on both occasions the package was sent back and order cancelled (after only 1 try on each occasion and no offer to get it at sorting office). I have no idea who was doing the delivery but sounds like it wasn't An Post. I gave up in the end and got the stuff elsewhere.

I could not order from Dell without a postal code and I tried the usual 'Dublin' or 'N/A' but nothing worked. I have no idea how you were allowed to leave it blank as it wouldn't let me.

You mention a price in £, are you using the UK or IE site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

tipperary wrote: »

Streaming a movie in HD from Ice Films on Kodi at the moment and it's 100%. Crystal clear, no buffering. Been running about 45 minutes so far without issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Amazon apparently have their own warehouse now in ireland afaik....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Crap that the keyboard a d mouse can't be deselected.
    Not a massive great deal now at 149.
    Im away at the moment and tried last night for ages on my tablet and couldn't find out to remove it.
    Don't think I'll other with it now at 149,maybe when I get back i might try get them to ring me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Lenny wrote: »
    Im away at the moment and tried last night for ages on my tablet and couldn't find out to remove it.
    Don't think I'll other with it now at 149,maybe when I get back i might try get them to ring me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Do I do that on their website? Am I guaranteed at least 10% off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

tharmor wrote: »
    Amazon apparently have their own warehouse now in ireland afaik....

Amazon have had a warehouse in Coolock for a long time now

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Hi

So i had a chat with sales reps and he told me two things:
    09/21/2015 01:30:41PM Agent (Sourabh Bhuyan): "We dont have 3050 in stock anymore"
    09/21/2015 01:31:14PM Tom: "It sitll on euro.dell.com page"
    09/21/2015 01:31:58PM Agent (Sourabh Bhuyan): "Its not in stock in factory, irrespective of the page the order is placed. We will be looking forward to re stock in a week or two"

and:

09/21/2015 01:34:03PM Agent (Sourabh Bhuyan): "Unfortunately, all offers are subject till stocks last"
    09/21/2015 01:34:43PM Tom: "was under ipression that it will cost what it was in my basket"
    09/21/2015 01:35:15PM Agent (Sourabh Bhuyan): "108 Euro was a promo price"
    09/21/2015 01:35:25PM Tom: "see no reason for price going up"
    09/21/2015 01:35:44PM Agent (Sourabh Bhuyan): "offer prices are subject till stocks last"

So I think times without keyboard and mouse but with palm rest are over now.

Tom
    Lenny wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭razor12345

SickBoy wrote: »

How do I sign up, can't seem to do it online

Cheers

Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭gillamandango

Some Journey!!

Date Time Location Activity
    21/09/15 12:14 DPD ATHLONE - HUB ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.
    21/09/15 12:14 DPD ATHLONE - HUB FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.
    21/09/15 11:43 DPD ATHLONE - HUB ORDER COMPLETE IN HUB.
    18/09/15 16:30 WWI - LUTTERWORTH ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.
    18/09/15 12:02 DPD ATHLONE - HUB NOT REC'D/INCOMPLETE IN DEPOT.
    18/09/15 08:29 DPD ATHLONE - HUB FIRST BOX SCANNED INTO HUB.
    17/09/15 23:16 WAALWIJK ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.
    17/09/15 23:16 WAALWIJK FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.
    17/09/15 18:21 WWI - LUTTERWORTH FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.
    17/09/15 16:20 PLAN COMMITTED NOTE.
    17/09/15 07:29 WAALWIJK MERGE ITEMS PICKED.
    16/09/15 18:15 EMF DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Some Journey!!

Date Time Location Activity
    21/09/15 11:43 DPD ATHLONE - HUB ORDER COMPLETE IN HUB.
    18/09/15 16:30 WWI - LUTTERWORTH ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.
    18/09/15 08:29 DPD ATHLONE - HUB FIRST BOX SCANNED INTO HUB.
    17/09/15 18:21 WWI - LUTTERWORTH FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.
    17/09/15 07:29 WAALWIJK MERGE ITEMS PICKED.
    16/09/15 18:15 EMF DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY

Snap!!
    21/09/15 11:54 DPD ATHLONE - HUB ORDER COMPLETE IN HUB.
    18/09/15 16:31 WWI - LUTTERWORTH ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.
    18/09/15 09:47 DPD ATHLONE - HUB FIRST BOX SCANNED INTO HUB.
    17/09/15 18:03 WWI - LUTTERWORTH FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.
    17/09/15 06:50 WAALWIJK MERGE ITEMS PICKED.
    17/09/15 03:15 EMF DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY

• Registered Users Posts: 54,158 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

why do I come into this forum. I bought that HP microserver and just bought this Dell mini pc now lol. Strange I got no notification of my order from Dell yet thou

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

razor12345 wrote: »
    How do I sign up, can't seem to do it online

Cheers

Ray
    Follow the instructions in the VIP register page.

http://www.dell.com/learn/ie/en/ieepp1/campaigns/epp-home-page-ie

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Doesn't work:

Welcome to Dell VIP Club!
    The VIPclub is in the process of being updated, for any technical, or order related issues or if you wish to register please contact UKI_VIP@dell.com or call 0844 444 5683, Monday - Friday 08:00-17:00.
    In the meantime, your 10% discount vouchers are still valid until the date mentioned when you received them.
    SickBoy wrote: »
    Follow the instructions in the VIP register page.

http://www.dell.com/learn/ie/en/ieepp1/campaigns/epp-home-page-ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Doesn't work:

Welcome to Dell VIP Club!
    The VIPclub is in the process of being updated, for any technical, or order related issues or if you wish to register please contact UKI_VIP@dell.com or call 0844 444 5683, Monday - Friday 08:00-17:00.
    In the meantime, your 10% discount vouchers are still valid until the date mentioned when you received them.

i got that contact info from them on live chat - apparently the phone number is free of charge but I'd have my doubts, especially from a mobile. better off emailing them - afaik they will place the order for you including the "vip" discount.

Advertisement