Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's get ready to rumble.

Options
  • 09-09-2015 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭

Dunnes rebuilt the wall between them and D.I.D. because of supervalu moving in.
    10620579_1191859794164287_7221060811258802563_n.jpg

Supervalu respond by sticking up a flashing neon sign behind the wall but higher advertising their opening date. One like this,
    60f85391_f38c_4ea0_a44c_bfdcb0817752.jpg

Could get interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Dunnes are acting like a child. A wall seriously its like something from a bad comedy. I can see that wall coming down soon, one way or another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I've heard rumours locally that the hoff is booked to sing when the sledge hammers come out.

Mrs.Heffernan tear down this wall.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Didn't they lock a door leading to the rest of the shopping centre in Wexford to stop the customers from spending their money elsewhere. The wall is loony tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

A roadway which has been open for close to decade, and they just seal it up overnight ha. How they got the permission to do that is beyond me. Now people will have to walk down that dangerous ally exit beside Dunnes. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the meeting Dunnes had. Oh Supervalu opening more competition we could encourage customers to our store by the following, bargains, price match etc..... na lets just build a wall to irritate the shoppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,854 ✭✭✭✭L1011

baaba maal wrote: »
    Didn't they lock a door leading to the rest of the shopping centre in Wexford to stop the customers from spending their money elsewhere. The wall is loony tunes.

Other way around but same affect - opened a fire exit to let people in without going through the centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Both. Closed the doors to Edward Square and opened a fire exit. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057458893

• Registered Users Posts: 68,854 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Orion wrote: »
    Both. Closed the doors to Edward Square and opened a fire exit. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057458893

Different shop - Gorey was where we were referring to but clearly they've got quite a bit of form here!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

What they did is a right pain in the diddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I assumed the poster mistook Wexford for Galway but if they've done it twice then yes - that's form.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

JeffK88 wrote: »
    A roadway which has been open for close to decade, and they just seal it up overnight ha. How they got the permission to do that is beyond me. Now people will have to walk down that dangerous ally exit beside Dunnes. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the meeting Dunnes had. Oh Supervalu opening more competition we could encourage customers to our store by the following, bargains, price match etc..... na lets just build a wall to irritate the shoppers.

Apparently (and to be fair-mentioned in the OP) there was a wall and they retained the right to rebuild it They only felt the need to exercise that right when the free market reared it's ugly head:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement