Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV DVR

Options
  • 09-09-2015 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭

Hi
    This might be a long shot but hopfull there might be a fix, I have a 4 camera cctv setup about 4 years old, anyway hard drive has packed in on my dvr don't have cash for new one ...dvr out of warranty ...company who installed system have agreed to give me a reconditioned commercial dvr, but the thing is we now have no remote viewing from dvr apps on phone and iPad ...it only works over the web or windows ....would have to use pc or laptop to remote view.
    Is there any fix for this or any adapter I could use to get this working.
    The lad who installed it today was a bit clueless to be honest but got it working on laptop only..need remote viewing ASAP .
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

The hard drive on your old dvr could of been replaced. What's the name of the dvr he installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

perhaps this is a case of the new box having a different IP address to the old one and that the laptop access is via the internal network so 192.168.xxx.xxx:YY where YY is the port number for web access.
    How exactly does the laptop give access, from inside the house only or remotely

It might also need a different set of ports to be used for port forwarding.
    Just guessing here

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

The hard drive on your old dvr could of been replaced. What's the name of the dvr he installed?
    Hard drive was replaced twice under warranty already 😡 the brand of my new one is dowshu it is a reconditioned unit...about 5 year old ...

perhaps this is a case of the new box having a different IP address to the old one and that the laptop access is via the internal network so 192.168.xxx.xxx:YY where YY is the port number for web access.
    How exactly does the laptop give access, from inside the house only or remotely

It might also need a different set of ports to be used for port forwarding.
    Just guessing here
    Laptop is both internal and remote viewing he did all the ip stuff, we tried viewing cameras over web browser on iPad with no joy ...tried an android phone as well...he did mention the new unit might not have the right ports for using through dvr apps ...he was here for about 2 hours ...he is new in the job ..the chap before him who installed system was a genius with IT stuff...but has since left the company ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

OP, here is the contact number for Dowshu, a call to them would soon set you straight. 021 4809172

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    OP, here is the contact number for Dowshu, a call to them would soon set you straight. 021 4809172
    Thanks for that will give them a buzz today..

Advertisement