Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

minimum price to accept for iPhone 6 plus

• 09-09-2015 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭

Hiya just wondering what price I should have as the bare minimum to accept and what I'd likely be looking at price wise.

Got an iphone 6 plus 64 gb in gold colour. Perfect condition bar 1 scratch on the metal at the top.

Asking as there are lots of chancers on adverts and I selling it for a non tech savvy relative.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Hiya just wondering what price I should have as the bare minimum to accept and what I'd likely be looking at price wise.

Got an iphone 6 plus 64 gb in gold colour. Perfect condition bar 1 scratch on the metal at the top.

Asking as there are lots of chancers on adverts and I selling it for a non tech savvy relative.

There is no bare minimum. You put you phone up and haggle for the best deal. And who ever told you there were lots of chancers on adverts is a waffler. Perhaps adverts is not for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

naasrd wrote: »
    There is no bare minimum. You put you phone up and haggle for the best deal. And who ever told you there were lots of chancers on adverts is a waffler. Perhaps adverts is not for them?

I know this from personal experience. You get people offering 100 euro for a phone worth 300 etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

naasrd wrote: »

Adverts is full of dopes. Offering €20 for a €500 item. You also put up "no swaps or trades" and they still come in with "would you take a (bike, packet of balloons, butter vouchers...) for your phone?"

I hate putting anything up there because you're bombarded with stupid offers from those type of muppets that can't read, before the actual decent few with common sense actually put in a respectable offer.

stoksyXL wrote: »
    Adverts is full of dopes. Offering €20 for a €500 item. You also put up "no swaps or trades" and they still come in with "would you take a (bike, packet of balloons, butter vouchers...) for your phone?"

I hate putting anything up there because you're bombarded with stupid offers from those type of muppets that can't read, before the actual decent few with common sense actually put in a respectable offer.

I know for a fact that too many of them dog read the description. I always say collection only. I then accept an offer and they then proceed to ask when I can come to such and such or let's meet at such a place.

I've gathered by looking at various ads of the phone that I should be looking to get close to €700.

*awaits offers of €300*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

I know for a fact that too many of them dog read the description. I always say collection only. I then accept an offer and they then proceed to ask when I can come to such and such or let's meet at such a place.

I've gathered by looking at various ads of the phone that I should be looking to get close to €700.

*awaits offers of €300*

You'll be doing well to get anything near 700.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Oh a lot of sausages on there.

Collection only. Ignored.

Minimum offers ignored.

Ridiculous offers for 500euro phones.

Oh and the swaps. My god. No, I don't want your PS2 with Fifa 99 and your Nokia 3330 for my iPhone 5S.

The new one now is setting a minimum price of let's say 400 euro and they offer the 400 with a comment saying "i'll give you 350".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Selling my as new, unlocked 64gb iPhone 6 now on adverts, be interesting to see how much it goes for. 9 months left on warranty.

No silly offers so far haha :D

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    You'll be doing well to get anything near 700.

Alot are cup for over 700. I guess 650 is a good price to aim for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Alot are cup for over 700. I guess 650 is a good price to aim for.

Up and selling for a two very different things on adverts.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Why would anyone pay 650 - 700 for a used iPhone 6 64gb when they can get a brand new one for 730?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

You'll get what the market thinks it's worth. Adverts.ie is the place for it, not here.

awec wrote: »
    Why would anyone pay 650 - 700 for a used iPhone 6 64gb when they can get a brand new one for 730?

Because it's a 6 plus. Not a 6..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd love if there was a setting to block people offering swaps on adverts. Get offered the most ridiculous things.

People do offer low prices but sometimes that is due to the starting price being a bit mad too. I've seen a couple of phones second hand where they ask above new price just because they come with a case or screen protector or something

someone wanted to swap me a ps3 for my phone on adverts lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

someone wanted to swap me a ps3 for my phone on adverts lol

Wow you really should take time and think about that offer before you reply WTF! I got offered €200 for a brand new 64gb 6 about 2 weeks ago and the dude was very serious with the offer this was on done deal so it doesn't just happen on adverts.

Advertisement