Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl video convertor question

Options
  • 09-09-2015 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

2 or 3 years ago I bought a contraption in Lidl that allow me to save old VHS tapes to my laptop and then burn them to DVD etc. It actually worked perfectly fine on my old laptop with windows 7 but my new one has windows 8 and the driver will not work. I have searched online but can't find a new driver.

Anyone have this video convertor working on windows 8 or 10 or know where I may find a driver for 8 or 10 ?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

They probably never released a driver for Windows 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

have you right-clicked on the program and run 'Troubleshoot Compatibility'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jamie 2015

Sabre Man wrote: »
    They probably never released a driver for Windows 8.

This is what I think also which is a shame as it worked well, I could even record programs straight from the TV with it.
    Skerries wrote: »
    have you right-clicked on the program and run 'Troubleshoot Compatibility'?

No but will give it a shot. I imagine it is just an incompatible driver though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I feel your pain. I have a perfectly good Lexmark printer but the latest driver only works with Windows XP. It's planned obsolescence.

Advertisement