Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris Schneider Marathon 2016: Registration Re-opened on Sept 8

Options
  • 09-09-2015 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Just FYI in case you missed it.

I registered OK this time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Bruz82

signed up last night.....Reg is 109euro now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Finally committed last night. Myself and Mrs. AKW heading over. Be my first marathon in 2 years so looking forward to a solid winters training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

I've run it a few times. You get the appreciate the finer points of French street architecture. I wouldn't kill myself on the training other than figuring out a selfie-sticking. Enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

Ran this earlier this year. Great event , well organised, great wide start loads of room. Flat enough ,

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Ran this earlier this year. Great event , well organised, great wide start loads of room. Flat enough ,

How flat would you rate it compared to Dubllin? Thinking of doing this next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

shane1981 wrote: »
    How flat would you rate it compared to Dubllin? Thinking of doing this next year.

Warmer weather
    Def a min quicker and less risk of wind and rain

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

shane1981 wrote: »

Much bigger than Dublin, 40k runners , course has some inclines nothing major , it's no where as flat and easy as London. The heat can be a factor , it was 19/20deg this April around the time I finished.

Looks like its sold out. 57,000 registrations!

Terrible viewing the weekend in relation to the attacks. I would like to turn it into a positive and set up a charity for victims of terrorism in general and not just Paris when I compete in this next April....anyone any suggestion of the top of their head as to a good organization maybe?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

Bruz82 wrote: »
    Terrible viewing the weekend in relation to the attacks. I would like to turn it into a positive and set up a charity for victims of terrorism in general and not just Paris when I compete in this next April....anyone any suggestion of the top of their head as to a good organization maybe?

Thanks

I had a similar thought, been looking online for victims of terror charities but haven't come across anything particularly credible. Keep me updated on this, I have a small team running and I think it would be a fitting thing to do.

• Advertisement

Not long to go....all the hard work is done now !!
    Anyone got any info on how others can keep a tracker on my time ?......People back home were able to know where i was in barcelona last year ....didnt get that info this time or else i missed it.

Thanks
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

The link below is for the 2015 marathon app. I imagine this year's one will be available soon enough.

http://www.schneiderelectricparismarathon.com/us/gallery/official-mobile-application

Don't forget your medical certs!!

There is an option to purchase SMS text service which will text your times as you run . Youll need to log into your registration account at www.asochallenges.com to sign up. Costs 1.99 I think. Im not aware of an actual tracker yet but as wubble wubble mentioned, Id keep an eye on the app store or the facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

Hi folks
    Heading to Paris tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel that would facilitate a shower after the run - don't want to have to book a second night and Paris is pricey!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Link to 2016 app below. Best of luck to all running !!

http://www.schneiderelectricparismarathon.com/us/gallery/official-mobile-application

Great little run this morning. Very happy with that. And what a great crowd and beautiful weather - sunny but cold-ish, perfect for running. Slightly bizarre narrow chokepoint in the route about 8K in where the runners actually stopped in my zone, but that's a minor point, all part of the charm.
    Loved the firefighters spraying water on runners as they passed. Perhaps we can see Dublin Firebrigade do the same...:)
    In all, another well-organized event - and this was the 40th anniversary. Super Expo too. As for the race, well kicking off by going downhill on the Champs-Élysées, well who could want a better start!

One for your calendar next year if you're considering doing a very doable marathon in a major European city. Shame Paris and Rotterdam marathons are so close, but whatever.

(There is of course the Paris Euro Disney half marathon which might suit some people... http://run.disneylandparis.com/ #youknowwhoyouare)

Well that was fun!

Fantastic race course, lovely day for it. I got more than I expected by finishing it considering I didn't think I'd start. Great to get a suntan at Easter and see the sights of Paris.

Totally agreed! I especially loved the dash through the Pont D'Alma tunnel (as in the Princess Diana tragedy). Really did divide out the runners at that point.

Definitely one for next year too.

uvox wrote: »
    Totally agreed! I especially loved the dash through the Pont D'Alma tunnel (as in the Princess Diana tragedy). Really did divide out the runners at that point.

Definitely one for next year too.

The artwork was surreal down there too!!

For sure, back next year. In hindsight spending Saturday on city bikes up and down to the expo may not have been one of my smartest idea but hey ho! :)

• Advertisement

Not a great one for me :(

Me at 40k:

https://youtu.be/c4zfI-WyOfQ?t=1m9s

Advertisement