Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euromillions Lotto

Options
  • 09-09-2015 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

I have won money on a UK Euromillions ticket. Can I claim it in Ireland anywhere? Its only 15€.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No, there's no cross-claiming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

You can only claim prizes from the country the ticket was purchased in.

From the euromillions website.
    Prizes can only be claimed in the country where the winning ticket was originally purchased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

L1011 wrote: »
    No, there's no cross-claiming.

Thanks, what would the best thing to do with it? Flag it on e-bay for 10€ or something?

On a seperate topic, what would happen if it was the winning ticket? 30 million. Can you claim that in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

TallGlass wrote: »
    On a seperate topic, what would happen if it was the winning ticket? 30 million. Can you claim that in Dublin?

Surely you'd be willing to spend the petrol money to cross the boarder to collect €30m

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Thanks, what would the best thing to do with it? Flag it on e-bay for 10€ or something?

I imagine if you'd just won 30 million you wouldn't mind paying for flights to the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No. There's no cross-claiming, regardless of the prize amount.

You could probably afford a flight to wherever you bought it, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

thelad95 wrote: »
    I imagine if you'd just won 30 million you wouldn't mind paying for flights to the UK.

I'd imagine even if you won 1K you wouldn't mind paying for tickets over to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Surely you can cash it in Northern Ireland rather than going to UK ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Going to the UK to collect 30m ! I suppose I could strech out and get the boat over.

What happens if I don't claim the prize, will the lotto get it or charity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

With euromillions it goes back in the pot. Think of a charity you like. Find English equivalent. Post them the ticket with a note. Feel nice that you were nice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement