Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV (2015 Model)

167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Yeah but sometimes Netflix is throttled down to SD quality by ISPs or routed through busy transit links (as Virgin Media is currently doing). I was just wondering if you could see exactly what resolution you were getting on the ATV app like you can with the PS3 and WDTV apps, but it seems you can't.

Only noticed this for the first time the other night. Was watching wolf of wall street and it was like a dodgy stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Only noticed this for the first time the other night. Was watching wolf of wall street and it was like a dodgy stream.

Me too. Making a Murderer was buffering for me during the week. Would drive a man back to torrenting.

I only keep Netflix because the kids would complain if I dropped it. I'm wondering if VPN would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭sibergoth

Netflix is giving out to me now because i'm using the unblock-us proxy... if this is how it's going to be then i'll just be cancelling my subscription. simple as that. The Irish version of Netflix is pointless...

fecking stupid policy. has no basis in reality. what the feck does it matter where i live what shows i can watch ?

sickening.

Netflix is giving out to me now because i'm using the unblock-us proxy... if this is how it's going to be then i'll just be cancelling my subscription. simple as that. The Irish version of Netflix is pointless...

fecking stupid policy. has no basis in reality. what the feck does it matter where i live what shows i can watch ?

sickening.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

sibergoth wrote: »

I'm sure Netflix agree and would love to be able to offer every show everywhere. Unfortunately it's not down to them, it's down to the studios/distributors that license the content.

• Advertisement

... and what reason do studios and distributers have for restricting content ? larger audience = more potential money.

still makes no sense and still annoying. Netflix should fight the cause and not concede to this pointless BS.

... and what reason do studios and distributers have for restricting content ? larger audience = more potential money.

still makes no sense and still annoying. Netflix should fight the cause and not concede to this pointless BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The same reason the BBC, ITV, RTE can't show the Premier League football they don't own the rights to it SKY and BT do.

On Netflix.

Well in Ireland and the UK you can blame Sky, ITV, BBC, RTE etc etc who probably paid combined multi millions to have exclusive rights to those tv shows and movies in this region and they want that content restricted to the rights they paid and not so anyone else to be able to bypass it.

This pressure right now seems to becoming from Australia and Murdoch business interests there.

They then see Netflix doing nothing to stop people bypassing that so they put pressure on Netflix and the studios/distributors to stop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

Bigcheeze wrote: »

Have you tried Netflix on another device like a laptop to do a comparison?, if the stream is fine on the laptop then its down to the ATV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sibergoth wrote: »

If they restrict the content it means they can sell it to stations in uk, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain... <every other country that wants it>. Studios don't make money from the end user they make their money on multiple resells to different to stations.

Look at better call saul, Netflix original but can only be gotten on Netflix dvd in the u.s. because of stupid studio licensing deals.

The studios seen how the profits plummeted with the likes of iTunes and Spotify streaming, and they're doing their damnest to hold on to it.

Also don't forget the people who make these decisions are the Rupert Murdoch's of the world. They don't give a **** about anyone unless it will raise their net worth. Sad but true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Still working fine for me on to with unblockus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 gfarnan

Netflix app on my apple tv constantly fails and I'm am not using any proxy,
    Constantly having to delete and re-install,
    anybody else have this problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Has anyone ever used these home run hd devices with the channels all http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/02/01/channels-apple-tv-review/

Looks great, can this be hooked up to a virgin media connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Sharp2012

akadesign wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used these home run hd devices with the channels all http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/02/01/channels-apple-tv-review/

Looks great, can this be hooked up to a virgin media connection?

Haven't tried it myself but cane across this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CGA0-vo7EU
    Hope this helps

Thanks sharp, looks like a nice addition to the atv. Just wondering any if anyone has an experience with this in Ireland and if so which unit did you go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

gfarnan wrote: »
    Netflix app on my apple tv constantly fails and I'm am not using any proxy,
    Constantly having to delete and re-install,
    anybody else have this problem

Any time I sign out of netflix I get the spinning circle icon and then a black screen when I try to sign back in. The only solution I can find is to delete and reinstall the app. It's a pain as I often need to sign out and in when changing regions

Yep, Toddler got his hands on the remote and smashed it.
    Anybody know a place that repairs its, replacement is 80 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Yep, Toddler got his hands on the remote and smashed it.
    Anybody know a place that repairs its, replacement is 80 quid

just so people know the old atv3 remote works fine with the atv4.
    misplaced my one and using the old one which works perfectly apart from no siri.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

Just set up the apple tv for the first time today. Am I right in saying that the sky go app is not available? Seems a bit strange that they released it in the UK but not here?

Blazer wrote: »
    just so people know the old atv3 remote works fine with the atv4.
    misplaced my one and using the old one which works perfectly apart from no siri.

Works fine for most things, Most of the games require the touch version

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Works fine for most things, Most of the games require the touch version

apparently there is an updated version o f the iPhone remote app coming soon which will have all the functionality of the tv remote.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/apple-remote-app-becoming-full-replacement-for-hardware-remote/

Anyone using a service similar to iBox for Apple TV 4 for live tv, rte tv3 etc?

Love the idea of iBox but the interface is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

Synology announced a DS Video app for AppleTV4. https://www.synology.com/en-global/dsm/6.0beta/multimedia#mobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Tazium wrote: »
    Synology announced a DS Video app for AppleTV4. https://www.synology.com/en-global/dsm/6.0beta/multimedia#mobile

Thats interesting, the only thing I use my ATV2 (JB) is to stream movies from my Synology NAS

If Synology have an app that does it..then can prob un JB and use the ATV to it full potential

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Thats interesting, the only thing I use my ATV2 (JB) is to stream movies from my Synology NAS

If Synology have an app that does it..then can prob un JB and use the ATV to it full potential

that app is only for the ATV4 and to be honest you're much better off using Nasify or plex. Definitely NASify is well worth the €2.99..one of the best apps I've bought for the atv.

Advertisement