Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reconnection after two years?

Options
  • 10-09-2015 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought an apartment recently and am trying to get the electricity supply re-connected. How long does it generally take to get this done assuming a site visit isn't necessary? 

Once I get a new MPRN number and the electrician uploads the cert is it just a case of flicking a switch?

Thanks,
    jh79

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi jh79,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If the apartment has been disconnected for more than 2 years, you would need to apply for a new connection with ESB Networks.

This would involve completing an application form (NC2) and returning it to the following address (together with the required location map and site plan):

ESB Network Services Bureau,
    Garrycastle,
    Athlone,
    Co. Westmeath.

Once your application has been processed you would be issued with a quotation. For more information see the relevant section of the ESB Networks website or contact ESB Networks on 1850 372 757.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

Hi jh79,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If the apartment has been disconnected for more than 2 years, you would need to apply for a new connection with ESB Networks.

This would involve completing an application form (NC2) and returning it to the following address (together with the required location map and site plan):

ESB Network Services Bureau,
    Garrycastle,
    Athlone,
    Co. Westmeath.

Once your application has been processed you would be issued with a quotation. For more information see the relevant section of the ESB Networks website or contact ESB Networks on 1850 372 757.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    David
    Hi David,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The NC2 form is going in the post today, I was just wondering what would the usual timeline be for a simple reconnection ?. Once the MPRN number is issued is it just a case of getting my electrician to turn it on at the mains?

The website gives a 12 week timeline is this applicable even in the case of a simple reconnection of an apartment ?

Thanks,
    jh79

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi jh79,
    jh79 wrote:
    I was just wondering what would the usual timeline be for a simple reconnection ? Once the MPRN number is issued is it just a case of getting my electrician to turn it on at the mains?

The website gives a 12 week timeline is this applicable even in the case of a simple reconnection of an apartment ?

Unfortunately we couldn't say for sure; your best bet would be to contact ESB Networks directly on 1850 372 757 for more specific information. They would be best-placed to advise on this.

You could also get in touch with them via Twitter or email.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement