Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating Oil

Options
  • 10-09-2015 9:42am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭

Toughers have 1000 litres for €600. Some difference from what we were paying last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,878 ✭✭✭✭L1011

All of a cent a litre cheaper at Naas Oil also.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

Anyone know what the other companies are charging. McLoughlins, Capitol or Collins oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Sept 2012 - €1000 / 1000l
    Sept 2013 - €900 / 1000l
    Sept 2014 - €840 / 1000l
    Sept 2015 - €600 / 1000l

Nice trend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Anyone recommend any of these for reliability? I'm done with Naas oil, they left me sitting at home for 2 days last year waiting for the useless ****ers to show up, couldn't give me a delivery time and then never showed up the day they would.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Jeez, I never had a problem with them. So much so, I set up a standing order with them, 60 a month, so when I get a full, they just take it off my account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Anyone recommend any of these for reliability? I'm done with Naas oil, they left me sitting at home for 2 days last year waiting for the useless ****ers to show up, couldn't give me a delivery time and then never showed up the day they would.

We've used Ger Conway oil for the last fifteen years (based in Kildare town). They've always been on the ball pricewise and always delivered when they promised - next day at latest. I've never had an issue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

'next day at latest' doesn't work for me - I'm taking time off work to be waiting around for them, and I need more like "10am tomorrow on the dot". Not sure if this is something any of them do, or if I'm dreaming to expect a bit of customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

I worded that badly. When I phone them they tell me what day they're going to deliver (e.g. that day or the next day). The one time that I ran out of oil, they prioritised the delivery but they're not vague about delivery times and I'm usually happy with a delivery the following day. That said, I don't pin them down to an exact time of day any more because I'm generally around when they're to call. I don't know if they'll promise an exact time for delivery but you could ask them and see what's possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

'next day at latest' doesn't work for me - I'm taking time off work to be waiting around for them, and I need more like "10am tomorrow on the dot". Not sure if this is something any of them do, or if I'm dreaming to expect a bit of customer service.

Drivers will have set routes. Unreasonable to expect them to change routes to suit one customer - you're simply setting yourself up to be disapointed.

I know TOP (Ger Conway) will give an approx time (2 horu window) and the driver will call ahead if needed.

Most also do Saturday morning delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Have used Naas Oil for a few years - never had an issue with delivery time. Set delivery-routes mean they're fairly on-the-ball with delivery times in my experience.
    beertons wrote: »
    Jeez, I never had a problem with them. So much so, I set up a standing order with them, 60 a month, so when I get a full, they just take it off my account.

I've always been a bit "iffy" about setting up a standing order with any Heating Oil provider; don't they then have you locked-in? Say Company X happen to be cheaper, you're then relying on the good-will of your own guys to match that price??

• Advertisement

They will indeed. I always ring Toughers and McLoughlins before I order and squeeze them for the best price. Then I tell Naas Oil what I've been quoted, take a few quid off, and ask them to match it. If I don't want to go with them any more, I'd get a fuel card and use up my balance that way. They said if I wanted a month or 2 off, they wouldn't put the payment through. Better again the price is going down. I had 300 left over last November, and with 60 a month added to that, it's a nice chunk to have aside. If I had it resting in one of my own accounts, I'd have it long spent on something useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I always check www.cheapestoil.ie then ring Naas Oil and see if they can beatthe lowest price

Was getting diesel in Naas oil on Friday, heard a woman answer the phone. Someone was saying that such and such quoted them 585, and the woman's reply was that she wouldn't fall out with her for 15 quid. So she matched it.

Bought 1000L off Naas Oil, €555.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

I normally use Campus Oil for here in Naas they deliver on Saturdays if it's any help OP; currently €558 for 1000 litres...

Ended up getting it for 51.5 per litre, after the driver never arrived. Rang to see if they could get someone else. He said he was outside for 30 mins, but sure I was in the playroom with the kids, looking out at the main road. They sent another lad around 2 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MrTom1

campus oil 470 1000L :O

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

MrTom1 wrote: »
    campus oil 470 1000L :O

Or TopOil (top.ie)
    topoil_zpsjqg5jfbl.png

(as seen on Bargain Alerts)
    Note: promocode is heat2016

Anyone get a fill yet? What's the price like?

Naas Oil just quoted me 555.

Advertisement