Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon not delivering orders

Options
  • 10-09-2015 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

So a few weeks ago i ordered a iphone for my father on groupon, they took the money immediatly and after the very poorly worded expected delivery time it hadnt arrived i waited another week and it still hadnt arrived. The phone was a birthday present so it left me stuck so i had to buy another in the meantime and send groupon a complaint.

I recieved that an unforseen stock shortage had caused my order not to be dispatched, even though the phone was still being advertised on the site. They refunded my money and whan i kicked up a stink they gave me a €0 groupon voucher, delighted.

So 2 weeks ago i ordered a dashcam with my voucher and a few euro on top, and guess what??? It never arrived!

Same situation, i had to email them after 9 working days from the dispatch date. So i get a mail back saying

"We can confirm that your item has been shipped on 2015-08-28, so we kindly request that you allow a minimum of 5 working days for your order to arrive. As with most postal orders, occasionally there can be unexpected delays, but the order usually arrives within two working days of the estimate"

This was sent yesterday the 09/08/2015. 9 working days after the dispatch.

So im pretty p*ssed off now with the automatically generated responces that take about 36hrs to be sent out so i emailed back saying its unaccecptable and im going to complain ect ect

Get a message this morning saying this

"
    Hi Dave,
    Thanks for your reply. I can't apologise enough for the delay. Of course, this is not the experience we want you to have when using Groupon.
    I can confirm that all of your comments have been anonymously passed on to all relevant departments. Customer feedback is an integral part of our business and I would like to thank you for taking the time to get in touch.
    At this point, I can no longer guarantee the delivery of your item, I have now cancelled your Groupon for HD 1080P LCD Night Vision CCTV in Car DVR Accident Camera Video Recorder and refunded the amount of €21.48 back to your method of payment. Please allow 5 to 7 working days for the money to appear in your account.
    Obviously, this is not the outcome we had hoped for. Situations like this can sometimes occur due to an unexpected inventory shortage or a complication with the shipment while in transit. Although we can no longer provide any further updates on your order's status, there is a chance that you may still receive your item.
    If you do receive your order, please let us know by replying directly to this email. We will then provide a returns label so that you can send the item back at no cost.
    Again, I'm truly sorry for the trouble, and I want you to know we're doing everything we can to make sure this doesn't happen again. Please let me know if I can help with anything else."

Now they have only refunded the couple of extra euro not the voucher and iv to bloody send it back if it comes out?!
    This crowd obviously dont operate in the real world, or am i just really unlucky?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ask them for another voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭_davidsmith_

Yeah i did so i can use it on another item that doesnt get delievered haha

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yeah i did so i can use it on another item that doesnt get delievered haha
    It is like gambling. Some day you might get lucky!

I bought headphones two weeks ago that haven't come.
    They say to give "10 working days" so ill let that run entirely and email tomorrow evening as I know they're not going to come tomorrow either, doesn't take two weeks to deliver from Scandinavia.

I've literally never had an online order not arrive so this will be a first having to contact and complain.

Is it standard to get a voucher off them?... It needs to be asked for straight up?.
    What's the amount on it, it says €0 above.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭_davidsmith_

I bought headphones two weeks ago that haven't come.
    They say to give "10 working days" so ill let that run entirely and email tomorrow evening as I know they're not going to come tomorrow either, doesn't take two weeks to deliver from Scandinavia.

I've literally never had an online order not arrive so this will be a first having to contact and complain.

Is it standard to get a voucher off them?... It needs to be asked for straight up?.
    What's the amount on it, it says €0 above.

I got one for 20 on a 200 euro order that i kicked off big time about. If you dont ask you dont get but i wouldnt hold my breath they take ages to get back

• Advertisement
Advertisement