Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest - Heating Water

Options
  • 10-09-2015 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I got Nest installed a few weeks back. I am still a bit unsure how to heat the water only when all the Rads are still off ?

Please advise.

Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi DunneAlan,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    DunneAlan wrote:
    I am still a bit unsure how to heat the water only when all the Rads are still off ?

This would depend on your specific heating system, but generally speaking, the Nest Thermostat wouldn't control your hot water separately. For more information, see the following support page on the Nest website:

I have pasted the most relevant information from this support article below:
    If the Nest Thermostat is replacing an old thermostat that controls both home heating and hot water heating, your installer will offer you two options.
    • If you have a programmer that controls both heat and hot water, your installer will disable the heating channel of the programmer when they install your Nest Learning Thermostat. Your hot water will continue to be controlled by your programmer.
    • If you're replacing a thermostat that controlled both your hot water and heating, your installer will replace it with a Nest Thermostat, which will control your heating. Your installer may install a simple hot-water-only programmer (or your old programmer, if you have one) to control your hot water.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement