Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB outcome :)

Options
  • 10-09-2015 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Just wanted to post the outcome to my PRTB dispute with my landlord. Had previously posted on boards about my landlady keeping my deposit - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057402246 and after telephone mediation and then a tribunal my landlady was ordered to pay back the deposit of €600 and also damages of €600.

Definitely helped that I had kept documents of all correspondence over her not fixing things, pictures of filthy dirty second hand cooker installed etc and she didn't help herself by not bothering to show up or submitting any documentation (receipts, engineers report on broken appliance). Hopefully she has learned her lesson and if not the dispute being a matter of public record will help any of her other poor tenants who have difficulty with her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Well done.

Has she paid you yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭1moreyr

Well done.

Has she paid you yet?

Yes. Cheque has cleared :) She could have appealed the decision but that would have meant going to the high court (and you can only appeal on a point of law) which could have been very expensive for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fair play OP, the landlord will think twice now about shafting other tenants

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Where can you chèck for bad tenants with the prtb ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭vagazzled

OP i'm happy for you that this woman has to pay you back all money owed plus some, it will surely teach her that tenants are not second class citizens who can be fobbed off with swap around dirty cookers etc. She really left you in a bind leaving you without your deposit and now she is paying for it.

Handlemaster if you have a look at the PTRB outcomes online you will find bad tenants and landlords alike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Where can you chèck for bad tenants with the prtb ?

Here: http://www.prtb.ie/dispute-resolution/prtb-dispute-outcomes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Thanks for updating us OP - I wish more people would it helps build a picture of what's going on.

Especially those with licencees but I guess we have to leave that one alone! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Thanks so much for the link on decisions, really helpful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Have you found somewhere else to live in the meantime?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

pilly wrote: »
    Have you found somewhere else to live in the meantime?

As the original post on thread was in September 2015- I sincerely hope the OP has found accommodation elsewhere at this stage. On that note- thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement