Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmation of Account Cancellation

Options
  • 10-09-2015 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I cancelled my Eircom account a month ago (11/8), giving the usual thirty days notice. However, I received the following email today:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Account Number: *********[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Raymond[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We spoke to you today in relation to cancelling your bundle service with us. As advised, you are required to give 30 days notice in order for this to happen. Below is a list of instructions which will allow us to progress your cancellation.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please send an email, including your eircom account number (detailed above) and phone number(s) that you wish to cancel to [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]phonecancellations@eircom.ie[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] or please write to eircom Account Administration Unit, Unit 6B Westgate Business Park, Ballymount, Dublin 15.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The cancellation of your eircom service will be carried out after 30 days upon receipt of your email. If you have already sent an email to cancel but have changed your mind, please contact us on [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1800 503 303[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you,[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]eircom[/font]

I haven't spoken to Eircom today - I spoke to a representative on the phone and sent the cancellation confirmation email a month ago. I'm just looking for confirmation that my account has actually been cancelled. If it hasn't, I'll just be cancelling the direct debit, as I'm not prepared to go through the whole 30-day cancellation procedure again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

RayM wrote: »
    Hi,

I cancelled my Eircom account a month ago (11/8), giving the usual thirty days notice. However, I received the following email today:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We spoke to you today in relation to cancelling your bundle service with us. As advised, you are required to give 30 days notice in order for this to happen. Below is a list of instructions which will allow us to progress your cancellation.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please send an email, including your eircom account number (detailed above) and phone number(s) that you wish to cancel to [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]phonecancellations@eircom.ie[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] or please write to eircom Account Administration Unit, Unit 6B Westgate Business Park, Ballymount, Dublin 15.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The cancellation of your eircom service will be carried out after 30 days upon receipt of your email. If you have already sent an email to cancel but have changed your mind, please contact us on [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1800 503 303[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/font]

I haven't spoken to Eircom today - I spoke to a representative on the phone and sent the cancellation confirmation email a month ago. I'm just looking for confirmation that my account has actually been cancelled. If it hasn't, I'll just be cancelling the direct debit, as I'm not prepared to go through the whole 30-day cancellation procedure again.
    Hi RayM

Apologies for any confusion caused by the email - it's nothing to worry about as I looked in to your account and I can see that it will be terminated within the next 24 hours

There will not be any further requirements ray.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

RayM wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi RayM

Apologies for any confusion caused by the email - it's nothing to worry about as I looked in to your account and I can see that it will be terminated within the next 24 hours

There will not be any further requirements ray.

Thanks
    Al
    That's great, thanks very much Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

No problem at all Ray :)

Al

Advertisement