Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DineinHotels.ie is it legit?

Options
  • 10-09-2015 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Has anyone used dineinhotels.ie?

My parents paid €39 each for two vouchers to stay in certain hotels. All they had to do is pay for their meals €45-50 each per night.

The voucher expires at the end of September, so I thought I'd try it out. I checked the hotel’s website and it showed availability for the days in question, I then emailed DineinHotels to ask how much would the single supplement cost. I received an email soon after saying to fill out the online form, and I’d find out the single supplement rate there.

I then filled out the form, but decided to leave out the voucher number, as all I wanted was the single supplement rate. Less than an hour later Joe <mod snip> rang me (on a private number) to scold me for filling out the form without putting in the voucher number. I told him a number of times that all I wanted was the single supplement rate, but he was mostly annoyed that I didn’t put in the voucher number. I found him rather curt and almost rude. He never gave me the rate, all he was concerned about was getting the voucher number.

He then told me I couldn’t use the voucher as all weekends for the rest of the month are unavailable (even though the hotel shows availability).

On the voucher it also states it can't be used in August, so I'm wondering when it can be used??

Is this thing a scam? They seem to attend a lot of trade shows, but I’ve never heard of them before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

PeteF wrote: »
    He then told me I couldn’t use the voucher as all weekends for the rest of the month are unavailable (even though the hotel shows availability).

Like any hotel or airline offer, there will be exclusions and only a set number of spaces are allotted to various promotional rates.

Anything like this is designed primarily to fill midweek rooms and you'll always find August, bank holiday weekends and times of school holidays excluded.

If you are able to take midweek breaks, offers like these are ok, but most hotels do midweek deals anyway, so the saving is usually very minimal and you are charged full whack for hotel meals.

Not a scam, just not as good value as they make out it is.

Advertisement