Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tried reciped for gluten-free bread in the Lidl breadmaker?

Options
  • 10-09-2015 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

We got a Lidl (Silvercrest) breadmaker, mostly to try and bake gluten-free bread for himself - shop bought gluten free breads are so awful and processed...

I am able to bake decent regular breads no problem but I tried various combinations of gluten free recipes/baking modes and they all come out stone heavy. Our dogs love them obviously but I didn't buy it for them!

I understand that gluten free flours are not equal and any small difference can throw it off. Do you happen to have any tried & tested recipes with particular flour brands?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I gave up on trying to get my Panasonic breadmaker to produce GF bread.

These days I find Supervalus own brand GF brown sliced loaf about the best going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

0lddog wrote: »
    I gave up on trying to get my Panasonic breadmaker to produce GF bread.

These days I find Supervalus own brand GF brown sliced loaf about the best going

Cheers! Was it the same kind of problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

The Panny was great for making real bread. In fact is was so nice I ate far more bread than before I had it.( And that was the start of my coeliac journey )

I have used Doves Farm GF bread mixes as suggested by Panasonic. The result is more like a madeira mixture than a bread.

( watch out for cross contimination issues if you are thinking of using your breadmaker for both GF and non GF bread )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Thank you that's good to know! I heard that Panasonic is the best but looks like there is no point to make an investment.

My OH is not a coeliac thankfully, but he can't have wheat or rye - it must be some sort of intolerance with indigestion, joint pain and migraines. GF foods are safe for him but not tasty... It's a shame in a way because regular breads come out so fine.

Advertisement