Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I get a GoPro here or NYC?

• 10-09-2015 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Heading off on holiday next week and wanted to a GoPro (Hero 4 Silver). pixmaina have a good price but wont be delivered in time. Argos are at about €430 for just the camera.

I could pick one up in bestbuy NYC for around €399 total with a 64GB card included.

Am I missing anything here? Maybe the voltage will be too high when I bring it back home? Any bargin alerts for shops here?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

jme2010 wrote: »
    Heading off on holiday next week and wanted to a GoPro (Hero 4 Silver).

I could pick one up in bestbuy NYC for around €399 total with a 64GB card included.

Am I missing anything here?

That's $399 before tax, which in NY is 8%. You will save very very little. Maybe €10-15.

I bought a GoPro Hero4 Session in NY recently, and saved almost nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭vectra

My son toyed with this some time back and ended up buying it in duty free?? at Dublin airport.
    Suiet him fine even though he is the USA weekly but was delighted with the price in the airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Paulw wrote: »
    That's $399 before tax, which in NY is 8%. You will save very very little. Maybe €10-15.

I bought a GoPro Hero4 Session in NY recently, and saved almost nothing.

Even if it's a €10 saving, it would be worth it because the 64GB SD card is included. They cost about €50 here on top of the camera price.

My main worry now is voltage difference. Would it be rated for American power outlets and I'd need to be care full back home when charging it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Even if it's a €10 saving, it would be worth it because the 64GB SD card is included. They cost about €50 here on top of the camera price.

Less then 20 from my memory
    http://www.mymemory.ie/Micro-SDXC/Integral/Integral-64GB-Ultima-Pro-Micro-SDXC-Card-UHS-I-U1-Class-10---90MB_s-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

My main worry now is voltage difference. Would it be rated for American power outlets and I'd need to be care full back home when charging it?

I charge my GoPro with a USB cable, from laptop/computer, etc. I don't use the GoPro power supply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

I'd rather the SanDisk Extreme which is closer to €50 and I'd need to pick it up in a shop as I've only 4 working days until I go.

I think I will get it over there. Seems as it only needs a usb to charge and comes in a bundle with 64GB sandisk extreme card + 1 accessory for €435 converted including 8.8% sales tax.

Compare that to €429 here for just the camera alone. Add on the same card from argos €60.

Thanks for the advice guys. Helped a lot.

Advertisement