Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netopia router decides to stop allowing mobiles to connect to WiFi?

Options
  • 10-09-2015 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭

Anyone any ideas? when we try to connect, it won't recognise the usual password we have. It's been a bit sluggish of late but still works fine with the PC.

regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas? when we try to connect, it won't recognise the usual password we have. It's been a bit sluggish of late but still works fine with the PC.

regards
    is it nokia lumia? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

regards
    Hi Stovepipe

Have you tried re-setting it using the small pinhole at the back/ This will restore it to factory settings and revert back to the original WiFi password located on a sticker on the underneath of the modem itself.

If that does not help then the wireless channel might need to be changed and it's best to contact technical support to arrange that. Technical support can be contacted on either free phone 1901. Local 189026020 or via WebChat at www.eircom.net/chatnow

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I rang the 260 number and got the same advice. Unfortunately, the router has needed to be reset several times since yesterday, which suggests to me that it is on the verge of failing for good. I'll call tech support and see what arises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I rang the 260 number and got the same advice. Unfortunately, the router has needed to be reset several times since yesterday, which suggests to me that it is on the verge of failing for good. I'll call tech support and see what arises.
    Thanks Stovepipe

Technical support will be able to send out a new modem if required.

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement