Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

raptr and plays.tv

• 10-09-2015 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the deal with this? I wound up installing raptr with an AMD driver package ages ago and never really paid it any mind. Apparently it can optimize games settings but I never trusted it to.

Anywhoo, all of a sudden this yoke called plays tv starts helpfully telling me it was recording my gameplay, which I'm sure is fantastic but I'm also sure I never opted in to this service or installed it (its part of raptr now apparently). Long story short raptr is now disabled in my startup options because it was a cheeky bastard and took liberties :mad:

Why do companies do stupid stuff like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 andru183

It's nothing better than changing the settings in game yourself but it does suggest what it thinks you can run it at. Play.TV is for recording but its lame and records just about bloody everything which is annoying as I use unity and when testing it thinks it's a game I want to record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

its amds version of nvidia's geforce experience. I used it a few times when i had an amd card. I never had it record and upload to play.tv automatically. but i imagine its a new "feature" or annoyance however you want to see it! i wouldnt say there is much in turning it off.

One good thing about raptr though is that you get awarded points for playing games/ optimizing and a whole host of other things which you can then redeem for games or hardware. gotten at least 2 games from this in the past. if you set it up right its not bad but you really need to set it up right or its a horrendous piece of annoying software.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I like the and recording software. I only use the replay function though, it allows you to record say last 2mins of gameplay. Perfect for recording cool moments. It did interfere with Unity for me also but it hasn't anymore lately, don't know why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

tazzzZ wrote: »
    you really need to set it up right or its a horrendous piece of annoying software.

what way do you have it set up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The recording functionality and integration for twitch was pretty good. I used it for a few weeks and it was excellent. Especially liked the recording functionality to circumvent twitchs annoying upload times to youtube, or when it just drops your file entirely.

In the end though just removed it entirely. Hate having additional clutter, and I am pretty comfy using OBS to stream at this point, and dont record locally anymore. But it was definitly going through some improvements.

Never used the optimisation thing, saw it alright, but trusted myself to know what I wanted and what was best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement