Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are there any Aer Corp Heli crew on here?

• 10-09-2015 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭

As above. I'm a current serving member of the PDF and was looking for either a current or ex heli crewmember.

If any are present I am looking for some general info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Brian Clowen

Reggie. wrote: »
    As above. I'm a current serving member of the PDF and was looking for either a current or ex heli crewmember.

If any are present I am looking for some general info.

I have a very good friend a retired winchman who recently left the aer corps I could channel your questions to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I have a very good friend a retired winchman who recently left the aer corps I could channel your questions to him.

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

There is no such thing as the 'aer corps'. I cannot understand why people continually refer to it as such.

If you are a serving member of the PDF, you should have no problem in being able to find the number for No3 Ops and ask to have a chat to one of the current crew men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Negative_G wrote: »
    There is no such thing as the 'aer corps'. I cannot understand why people continually refer to it as such.

If you are a serving member of the PDF, you should have no problem in being able to find the number for No3 Ops and ask to have a chat to one of the current crew men.

My apologies....what is the correct term then?

That was an option but I prefer this way first. Hopefully Brian understands what I mean.

Reggie. wrote: »
    My apologies....what is the correct term then?

That was an option but I prefer this way first. Hopefully Brian understands what I mean.

No need to apologise. Air Corps or An tAerchór, if you prefer.

If its concerning a certain course, it may be more beneficial to get some first hand information from the horses mouth so to speak, rather than beating around the bush on boards.

Anyway, I digress. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Brian Clowen

No need to apologise. Air Corps or An tAerchór, if you prefer.

If its concerning a certain course, it may be more beneficial to get some first hand information from the horses mouth so to speak, rather than beating around the bush on boards.

Anyway, I digress. Best of luck.

Just force of habit i'm afraid, I can get why it's your pet hate.

I must try harder!

PM received and passed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I imagine the link is due to people assuming Aer Lingus is an irish name, and so the Air Corps is the Aer Corps

discus wrote: »
    I imagine the link is due to people assuming Aer Lingus is an irish name, and so the Air Corps is the Aer Corps

Quite possibly.

Not quite as bad as hearing people refer to it as the 'Air Corpse'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I was a military fanatic from a very young age, I have no idea why I was never corrected on that particular pronunciation until I was 15!

A youth making a mistake like that is understandable.

I've heard one or two PDF soldiers using that pronunciation. Embarrassing to say the least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement