Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - job

Options
  • 10-09-2015 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hello everyone!

Ok so a family member of mine recently got a job doing some deli work and she just got paid....

Turns out that her rate of pay per hour is less than what was originally agreed with the employer.

In her interview - she said that she wanted X amount per hour and her employer (quote on quote) said "yes I have no problem giving you X amount"

When she asked about why she had gotten paid less to her manager - he said (quote on quote) "oh X amount is what supervisors are on and that we would look to give you this in 7-8 months time"

Does anyone else think that this is utter BS or is it just me? They have given her the contract of employment and it's for the lesser rate of pay and have asked her to sign it!

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Any of this on paper? Contract of employment?

Edit...I see it is for less pay.

She can walk away or stay and fight it....not much more really...unless she has recorded the conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, it's BS.

She should quit, and take the other job which is offering her the rate she wanted.

Advertisement