Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Mario Maker: The Boards Levels

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Happy New Year all and to celebrate, here's my New Year level I made today

Name: Happy New Year
    ID: FA28-0000-0160-7F8D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Happy with this one!

CODE: CCA4-0000-004B-24F1

Name Demolition man needs his helmet

This is a great level for parkour style play. I think the old record was 2 minutes. Then I got it down to 1 minute and a half. And eventually under the minute mark. And there's probably room to knock a few more seconds off as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Badpopeschild

Map Code: {7306-0000-012C-3800}
    Description/theme of the map: {Good Greef Goomba NSMB}
    Your NNID: {Colm/BenHed63}

A fairly standard swimming level, there is a way to skip a lot of the swimming.

Map Code: {F49D-0000-013D-F958}
    Description/theme of the map: {Cpt. Toad Walks With The Fishes SMB}

A Captain Toad level, the level is easier if you don't swim/jump. there is one part in the 1st water room if you fall off the blue elevator it would be a good idea to swim but otherwise just keep walking.

Map Code: {7D63-0000-014D-A758}
    Description/theme of the map: {At Swim Two Podoboos SMB3}

Tried to give the swimming area the feel of an underground maze, the actual underground part is some tricky vertical platforming.

Map Code: {78D2-0000-014F-641B}
    Description/theme of the map: {Wet/Dry World SMW}

The further you go in the underground section the less swimming you will have to do, but the underground section starts hard and only gets harder, but the checkpoints are only in the underground section.

EJ22 wrote: »
    Level Title: Jump Long and Bounce High
    ID: 60C9-0000-015C-A90B

NNID: Hellhacker

Description: First level I've created so looking for some constructive feedback, tried to incorporate the use of well timed triple jump along with various other gameplay mechanics from Super Mario Bros U including wall jumping and floating.

Tricky but fair. i had to use a well timed triple jump and floating and wall jumps. so your course achieved what you wanted it to.
    My only problem is i never take my thumb off the run button when playing mario so in courses like this i often end up picking up the springs instead of jumping on them. but that's my problem and nothing to do with your course design.

I enjoyed your course.
    My only advice for making courses is play the 100 mario challenge you'll always find something that will give you an idea. and don't get too attached to a bit of level you've made i always end up going through many versions of a course before i upload the final version

sligeach wrote: »
    This is a great level for parkour style play. I think the old record was 2 minutes. Then I got it down to 1 minute and a half. And eventually under the minute mark. And there's probably room to knock a few more seconds off as well.

i've knocked 1 second off it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Tricky but fair. i had to use a well timed triple jump and floating and wall jumps. so your course achieved what you wanted it to.
    My only problem is i never take my thumb off the run button when playing mario so in courses like this i often end up picking up the springs instead of jumping on them. but that's my problem and nothing to do with your course design.

I enjoyed your course.
    My only advice for making courses is play the 100 mario challenge you'll always find something that will give you an idea. and don't get too attached to a bit of level you've made i always end up going through many versions of a course before i upload the final version

Thanks very much for trying it out and congrats on being the first person to beat it! i appreciate the advice also! :D

Map Code: 9215-0000-01A8-C3A8
    Bookmark Link: Here
    Description/theme of the map: I tried to create a level based off the design mechanics of Super Meat Boy. To do with this there were a few rules that I had to follow for myself including the following:
    • No Powerups
    • No Troll Blocks
    • No areas that require spin jumping or floating
    As such, I present to you a very heavy saw filled, wall jumping level. There is a hidden optional area which will require a difficult, non super meat boy trick to reach if you so wish to try it. if you mess it up though, you'll probably only get the one chance per life.

Your NNID: hellhacker

nYVBqtF.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys it!

Haven't posted a level here in 4 months. It's a short little puzzle.
    WVW69i3FJrcJ7BMccG

Level ID: 53C8-0000-01BB-F210
    Title: CAN YOU GET OUT? :)

Haven't posted a level here in 4 months. It's a short little puzzle.

Level ID: 53C8-0000-01BB-F210
    Title: CAN YOU GET OUT? :)

Nice course! done it on my first attempt so now to see if i can lower my time :D

EDIT: Sub 30 will do for now

• Advertisement

EJ22 wrote: »
    Nice course! done it on my first attempt so now to see if i can lower my time :D

EDIT: Sub 30 will do for now

$H1T€ anyway. :pac: I wanted all 4 items to be used but because of a certain trick you can do it using only 1. I could edit it to only so that you'd use 2 but.........actually there is a way. Back to the Batcave I go. :D

That shortcut in your last level is very clever.

$H1T€ anyway. :pac: I wanted all 4 items to be used but because of a certain trick you can do it using only 1. I could edit it to only so that you'd use 2 but.........actually there is a way. Back to the Batcave I go. :D

That shortcut in your last level is very clever.

Yeh I was able to pull off the 1 item trick which to be honest is what I thought the solution was anyways but now I'm curious how you intended it to be beaten. And thank you for the complement :)

Messed around for awhile. There's no real way to prevent the spring trick, so I've edited it to try and discourage it. But now it's obvious what I was hoping for originally.
    WVW69i3XCiglKmY1dI

Messed around for awhile. There's no real way to prevent the spring trick, so I've edited it to try and discourage it. But now it's obvious what I was hoping for originally.

Awesome once the kids are in bed i'll give it a bash, whats the level code for it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it via the bookmark site :D

beat it! i like it more now honestly. took a few tries to figure it out and get it right but once i done it yeh i really enjoyed it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Like any reasonable person I immediately went and made a Pokemon Yellow inspired level with Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle! Ca-8QpfUYAEnI8_.jpg

• Advertisement

If anybody's is looking for those last 2 levels I uploaded, they're gone, I deleted them as it was possible to shortcut them significantly because of tricks you could perform with certain items.

I've a couple of different levels uploaded. The first is Cool Runnings.
    WVW69i4k3fwfq7QtbM

Course name: Cool Runnings
    Level ID: 2317-0000-01C7-D077

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/2317-0000-01C7-D077

The second is a variation of the first with a Star Fox theme and a bit harder.
    WVW69i4lBosANQ6Pn7

Course name: Arwing's cannonball run escape.
    Level ID: BA0B-0000-01C7-D546

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/BA0B-0000-01C7-D546

I have been getting sidetracked a lot by Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. I rarely play Super Mario Maker now. In case you were wondering why I haven't made any new levels since the New Year

Thwomp basketball.
    WVW69i9nJkARwyPQRQ

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/A2C3-0000-01E8-E10D

And if you prefer a tougher version, try the one below. The first one requires free throwing but the second has slam dunks as well.

Slam dunking Thwomp basketball.
    WVW69i9ooygwi57nQT

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/C982-0000-01E9-08E0

I may delete those 2 levels above and retitle them to POW block basketball because that's what you're throwing. The Thwomps are the figurative hoop. I find it impossible to get people playing my levels nowadays, beyond the system giving it an initial recognition upon creation, they disappear into the murkiness. And a star? Chance would be a fine thing.

• Advertisement

My first two new ones in a long while

Name: Boss Arena
    ID: 38GF-0000-0201-0D83

Name: Roll Down
    ID: F356-0000-01F8-6823

Both are exceptionally hard (unless you can cheat what I do)

So Nintendo have deleted another one of my courses. Thank you!

Why do they do that?

So Nintendo have deleted another one of my courses. Thank you!

BS f******

And yet another level has been deleted by Nintendo only a minute ago right as I'm playing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I haven't had any levels delete yet and I haven't played for months until today. In 4 months I think I got 4-5 stars. No one playing the levels.

Some levels that came from our 5 minute maker mash.

Gauntlet bros : 2DBB 0000 0233 ADB7
    Paul McCartney and Wings : 67BD 0000 023A 45F6
    Slow, FAST, slow, dead? : F431 0000 023A 4C85

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

I got bored and made one based on the current storyline in Fair City. Kill me. Please.

C566 0000 02F8 7127

Time to revive this thread a little

Name: Pingas9001
    ID: 84E8-0000-033D-3EE7
    NNID: Sryan

This was a special level I made for my friend whom calls himself Pingas9001.

Name: Trolls
    ID: 8247-0000-02B7-07C3

Trust me, I hate myself to bits for creating this annoying **** of a level. I'd recommend to avoid this one of mine at all costs unless you don't have a short temper like me :D.

Just a little level I made to celebrate Thanksgiving 2017.

Name: Thanksgiving Treat
    ID: F5E3-0000-0371-E45B

• Didn't even know this thread exists. Lot's to catch up on :)

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Didn't even know this thread exists. Lot's to catch up on :)

We forgive you M!Ck, don't worry :p.

Make sure you Star all mine mick otherwise you're dead.

• OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Make sure you Star all mine mick otherwise you're dead.

I will check them out this week, shame that the social space thingy is gone now however

I will check them out this week, shame that the social space thingy is gone now however

Yeah, to be honest I thought uploading levels was gone too.

Yeah, I miss getting rage comments from players on my levels :(. I loved making people bored to death with my infamous level The Marathon :pac:.

Advertisement