Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Mario Maker: The Boards Levels

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

From a quick google, you need 50 stars (an average 5 per level). That will get you a koopa medal which increases your quota to 20.

Post your levels here and we will star them (if they're good :p)

Don't forget you can delete your crap levels and create better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Mr E wrote: »
    From a quick google, you need 50 stars (an average 5 per level). That will get you a koopa medal which increases your quota to 20.

Post your levels here and we will star them (if they're good :p)

Don't forget you can delete your crap levels and create better ones.
    Ah cool.
    Posted my first earlier in this thread. Already deleated one might deleated some of my others to make room for the new.

Anyone else not a fan of the dont move levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Me too. I can see a lot of work goes into them. But they are boring because you don't actually 'play' them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ah cool.
    Posted my first earlier in this thread. Already deleated one might deleated some of my others to make room for the new.

Seen one, seen them all. The idea is to try and create challenging and fun levels.

I have to say, 'If you're good at jumping = win' really does the above for me. Maschimo fan, if I pass it, will I get a laminated card stating I'm good at jumping?
    'Cause I could really do with that, to add to my CV.

Map Code: F488-0000-0037-44C4
    Description/theme of the map: Called "If You're Good At Jumping = Win", a level based entirely around jumping from block to block.
    Your NNID: garrettkid

Fcuk but that was sore on the left thumb but I'm good at jumping!

This guy has some great levels. Try this one 762E-0000-0012-1908

Map. 275E-0000-0038-402D
    Mushroom Gorge
    Your NNID: souleater3000
    Newest course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Description/theme of the map: Called "If You're Good At Jumping = Win", a level based entirely around jumping from block to block.

I'm playing this ages now and have seen the flag twice, it's very hard! I'm determined to finish it if it takes me all night! Great level I must say, simplicity at its best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I've completed and starred the majority of this thread, great mix of styles and difficulty. I've one here, it's not difficult but was fun to make :)

Map Code: 7832-0000-002D-0278
    Course Name:Robo Rampage
    Your NNID: Wiry-Hornet

• Advertisement

iamtony wrote: »
    I'm playing this ages now and have seen the flag twice, it's very hard! I'm determined to finish it if it takes me all night! Great level I must say, simplicity at its best.

Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Thank you! I originally didn't even have the coins in there (I wanted to do the opposite of what most would be expected to do and only use one item in my first level) but I figured I needed to help guide the blind jumps and indicate which sections required some momentum (also they make the jumps feel more satisfying).

I'm actually irrationally proud of it. :o

One of the best I've played. Managed to beat it after 5 or so attempts.

One of the best I've played. Managed to beat it after 5 or so attempts.
    5 or so, the "or so" was closer too 100 right?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Hammer Bros Airways
    D40D-0000-0032-C742

I got stuck on this course. The scrolling screen didn't kill me so had to quit out.
    Star Lord wrote: »
    Enjoyed making this one:

Code: 25AC-0000-002D-CB5C
    Description: Ghost house? Fun house!

I liked this one. I found the sneaky Star powerup. I wasn't able to post a comment though. It kept giving me an error so I gave it a Star rating.
    Title - Spring-heeled Mario
    Map - 8D2E-0000-0032-2E79

It's my first castle map.

I didn't get to finish this. I was stuck at one point. I had a spring to use and had to jump up and I could see one question block. No matter what I tried I couldn't get out. The walls were too far apart to wall jump between them. Am I missing a trick here?

Thank you! I originally didn't even have the coins in there (I wanted to do the opposite of what most would be expected to do and only use one item in my first level) but I figured I needed to help guide the blind jumps and indicate which sections required some momentum (also they make the jumps feel more satisfying).

I'm actually irrationally proud of it. :o
    It's something to be proud of! Did anyone notice ghosting, or shadowing while playing it? Maybe it's my telly but I kind of seen it on the gamepad as well.

• Advertisement

I think this is my first level that isn't completely terrible. :eek:

Map code : 46E5-0000-0016-3FEF
    Crazy koopa castle run
    NID: marf1million

It's clever and works well. But I'd rather more control in the levels I play.

Ah cool.

I think they are entertaining if nothing else, it's a shame they are the most popular though and good normal levels are off the most popular screen as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Few more of mine:
    B21E-0000-0028-4FE6
    2BAC-0000-0028-C430
    CBCB-0000-0031-ECEA

I got stuck on this course. The scrolling screen didn't kill me so had to quit out.

I liked this one. I found the sneaky Star powerup. I wasn't able to post a comment though. It kept giving me an error so I gave it a Star rating.

I didn't get to finish this. I was stuck at one point. I had a spring to use and had to jump up and I could see one question block. No matter what I tried I couldn't get out. The walls were too far apart to wall jump between them. Am I missing a trick here?

I'll look it the side scrolling non-death.

I've posted on the level comments with a spoiler what you need to do.
    If anyone else is getting stuck, there's a few 'spare' springs lying around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

My first creation. It's short and bit(t)ersweet. Should have put those brackets in the title. Just have the initial batch of options to choose from. Let me know what ye think. Level ID: 2EB40000003AA1B4.

• Advertisement

I didn't get to finish this. I was stuck at one point. I had a spring to use and had to jump up and I could see one question block. No matter what I tried I couldn't get out. The walls were too far apart to wall jump between them. Am I missing a trick here?[/QUOTE
    Fixed the hammer bros airways issue.

sligeach wrote: »
    My first creation. It's short and bit(t)ersweet. Should have put those brackets in the title. Just have the initial batch of options to choose from. Let me know what ye think. Level ID: EF870000003839A4.

Going to give it a whirl now.

New level from myself.
    Name- James Cameron's Wet Dream
    ID - 313D-0000-0038-E536

The key is firepower!

My second level, MUCH easier than my first, is an HD (nearly) block for block remake of the first level from Super Mario Land on the Game Boy. Something to further tweak your nostalgic bones.

Map Code: 5E38-0000-0038-DB9C
    Description/theme of the map: Called "Return to Super Mario Land 1-1"

I've just uploaded a fairly simple level in smb3 form. I tried to make it like a real level but I don't know if I succeeded.

ID: C20A-0000-0039-37F1
    Name: Traditional SMB3 level
    User: IAMTONY

My first creation. It's short and bit(t)ersweet. Should have put those brackets in the title. Just have the initial batch of options to choose from. Let me know what ye think. Level ID: EF870000003839A4.

Can't find that. It's easier to break up the code with the spaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Map Code: DE61-0000-0039-91F6
    Description/theme of the map: my first level so it has to have either all the items, ridiculous jumps or an annoying block that you bang your head on. It's out of my system now.
    Your NNID: Nunberry

Last level of the day. There are a bunch of pipes, you have to find the right one.

Map Code: AEC6-0000-0039-BFC3
    Description/theme of the map: Called "A Pipe in a Pipestack"

Can't find that. It's easier to break up the code with the spaces.

I deleted it and reuploaded it. It's the same level but now the code is: 2EB40000003AA1B4.

Working on a harder version, still short but needs precise movement. Can't string it all together myself just yet. It's a bit evil.

I only got 1 new set of level parts and that came after midnight. Played for hours. So much for the 15 minute change.

Map Code: 2EB4-0000-003A-A1B4
    Description/theme of the map: Called "Short but bitersweet"
    Your NNID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

I deleted it and reuploaded it. It's the same level but now the code is: 2EB40000003AA1B4.

Working on a harder version, still short but needs precise movement. Can't string it all together myself just yet. It's a bit evil.

I only got 1 new set of level parts and that came after midnight. Played for hours. So much for the 15 minute change.

Map Code: 2EB4-0000-003A-A1B4
    Description/theme of the map: Called "Short but bitersweet"

There's a trick to getting the stuff unlocked. I think Mr E posted it on here.

@sligeach - this works - http://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/how-to-unlock-all-tools-and-styles-in-super-mario-maker/

It'll take a half an hour to unlock everything if you put your mind to it.

Then do all the "10 Mario challenge" levels, to unlock the World Championship levels, finish those to get the freaky mushroom. That should be everything unlocked then.... (apart from a few secret Amiibo characters)

Mr E wrote: »
    @sligeach - this works - http://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/how-to-unlock-all-tools-and-styles-in-super-mario-maker/

It'll take a half an hour to unlock everything if you put your mind to it.

Then do all the "10 Mario challenge" levels, to unlock the World Championship levels, finish those to get the freaky mushroom. That should be everything unlocked then.... (apart from a few secret Amiibo characters)
    Does this also unlock the different tile sets? I only have the original tile set and the New one at the moment.

• Advertisement

Yep. Mario 3 is the 4th unlock I think, and SMW is maybe the 6th?

I'm on the cusp of creating something truly evil. I fell at the last hurdle. So close. It's not long, only about 20 or 30 seconds long.

New level.

Code: A0AC-0000-003D-1022
    Name: Haunted Waters
    NMID: souleater3000

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Map: Scrolling Hills 1
    Description: SMW Scroll level. Pretty easy but still fun
    Code: AC59-0000-003D-3CD0

Map Code: 44EC-0000-003D-2E95
    Description/theme of the map: Ness' Journey Home

A level based around a Ness costume.

I'm on the cusp of creating something truly evil. I fell at the last hurdle. So close. It's not long, only about 20 or 30 seconds long.

The other one is hard enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

MAP CODE: 56CD-0000-003D-CA13
    NAME: Castle platformer jump!
    NNID: Eagle_Nebula_007

a lot better then the first level i made, please giver a go :)

Course ID: 40B3-0000-003D-D502

Carry your P's is the name and that's exactly what you'll have to do to survive mwah ha ha. I spent ages making that one!

Thanks for playing my previous level (4046-0000-0030-324A).

I've just uploaded my second. It is more simple and I hope that more people finish it. Again, it is using the Super Mario World theme.

Title: Outrageous Cave
    Map Code: 6A9D-0000-003E-684C
    Description/theme of the map: Wanted to concentrate more on pure platforming.
    Your NNID: The40Watt

• Advertisement

My final level of the evening - I give you the Wizarding World of Mario Potter!

Code: 7BEB-0000-003F-4DDD

I played through the first two pages of this thread earlier today! Some really good stuff. Will play some more tomorrow!

Evil is born. I lay down the gauntlet and challenge anybody to beat it. If you do manage to complete it you will have my utmost respect. But you won't win. :D

Map Code: EEDF-0000-003F-8485
    Description/theme of the map: Called "Short & bit(t)ersweet:Impossible"

It's very short, takes less than 30 seconds if you're good. If anybody has a real challenging level, let me know. Thanks.

My final level of the evening - I give you the Wizarding World of Mario Potter!

Code: 7BEB-0000-003F-4DDD

I played through the first two pages of this thread earlier today! Some really good stuff. Will play some more tomorrow!

Just finished it. Took 5 attempts. I didn't get the coins at the top. Must be some hidden beanstalk?

Just finished it. Took 5 attempts. I didn't get the coins at the top. Must be some hidden beanstalk?

Yup! There's a couple of hidden blocks that allow you to skip the Kamek Aerial Gauntlet.

My first creation. It's short and bit(t)ersweet. Should have put those brackets in the title. Just have the initial batch of options to choose from. Let me know what ye think. Level ID: 2EB40000003AA1B4.
    This is ridiculously hard.

You should try the other level. That's even harder again. It'll put you in a mental home trying to beat it. Nobody has passed either level and they never will. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Len_007

I've done a few the past week, here they are. They are all fairly doable, and I have a load still to unlock

Map Code: {51A0-0000-0042-245A}
    Description/theme of the map: {Airship?? Dareship!!}
    Your NNID: {MrCarolan}

Map Code: {6E19-0000-003D-6CFA}
    Description/theme of the map: {A bird? A Plane? A Thowmp!}

Map Code: {4CCD-0000-0024-7749}
    Description/theme of the map: {Swim When You're Winning}

Map Code: {DE29-0000-0021-0485}
    Description/theme of the map: {One Step Forward...}

Map Code: {7D0D-0000-001F-EC77}
    Description/theme of the map: {Keep it Secret...}

New level titled A History of Nintendo giving a bunch of amiibo costumes their own little section relevant to them. I think I'm most proud of this level so far, I'd appreciate if you give it a go.

Code: 7770-0000-0043-140B
    Name: A History of Nintendo
    NNID: garrettkid

It doesn't look possible! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Len_007

New level titled A History of Nintendo giving a bunch of amiibo cosutmes their own little section relevant to them. I think I'm most proud of this level so far, I'd appreciate if you give it a go.

Code: 7770-0000-0043-140B
    Name: A History of Nintendo
    NNID: garrettkid

How long did that level take you?!

Karsini wrote: »
    It doesn't look possible! :eek:

I don't think it is, when I got past the fourth Pipe I thought I was home free then I met the damn chompers. I reckon you've to cleR the first set and press down and do a stamp thing but for the love of god I can't jump that far although I see other have jumped further.

• Advertisement
Advertisement