Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Mario Maker: The Boards Levels

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Karsini wrote: »
    It doesn't look possible! :eek:

It's definitely possible. It wouldn't be there otherwise. That's actually the easy part at the start. It's the middle section that's the hardest. Nobody's even got that far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

sligeach wrote: »
    It's definitely possible. It wouldn't be there otherwise. That's actually the easy part at the start. It's the middle section that's the hardest. Nobody's even got that far.

How long did it take you to do it and how many attempts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Evil is born. I lay down the gauntlet and challenge anybody to beat it. If you do manage to complete it you will have my utmost respect. But you won't win. :D

Map Code: EEDF-0000-003F-8485
    Description/theme of the map: Called "Short & bit(t)ersweet:Impossible"
    Your NNID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

It's very short, takes less than 30 seconds if you're good. If anybody has a real challenging level, let me know. Thanks.

I've just spent 30 mins trying to beat it. I can get to the piranha plants consistently but don't know how to get around the spring.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    How long did it take you to do it and how many attempts?

The first level didn't take that long at all to complete. The second one definitely took longer. I imagine when people get to the piranha plants people are ground pounding straight away. But they should spin jump just before you get there. It slows you down and makes the ground pound a lot easier.

The first level didn't take that long at all to complete. The second one definitely took longer. I imagine when people get to the piranha plants people are ground pounding straight away. But they should spin jump just before you get there. It slows you down and makes the ground pound a lot easier.

I've only really played the first level you did, haven't got a chance to play the second one, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Len_007 wrote: »
    How long did that level take you?!

Around 2 and a half hours.

Done! I guess old fashioned perseverance did the trick. :D

Karsini wrote: »
    Done! I guess old fashioned perseverance did the trick. :D

Fair play to you. Fancy trying the second one? It starts off like the first but then changes up a bit.

Title: Quick Stroll
    Map Code: 1222-0000-0043-5D0A
    Description/theme of the map: No gimmicks. Just a nice simple SMB 3 level.
    Your NNID: The40Watt

My final level of the evening - I give you the Wizarding World of Mario Potter!

Code: 7BEB-0000-003F-4DDD

I played through the first two pages of this thread earlier today! Some really good stuff. Will play some more tomorrow!

I like this one a lot. Clever use of sub-levels.

• Advertisement

Map: Scrolling Hills 1
    Description: SMW Scroll level. Pretty easy but still fun
    Code: AC59-0000-003D-3CD0

Honestly, I think this is the best level in this thread so far. It is the most like a level you'd expect from a Mario game. No real gimmicks, no over the top difficulty spikes.

Plus bonus points for using the superior SMW theme.

Fair play to you. Fancy trying the second one? It starts off like the first but then changes up a bit.

Ooh that's sneaky! :p Haven't got there yet.

Honestly, I think this is the best level in this thread so far. It is the most like a level you'd expect from a Mario game. No real gimmicks, no over the top difficulty spikes.

Plus bonus points for using the superior SMW theme.

Yeah, these are the kind of levels I'm gravitating towards. Simple fun, moderately challenging but entirely fair levels with some neat ideas. They're the kind of levels I've been looking to make too for my last few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Yeah, these are the kind of levels I'm gravitating towards. Simple fun, moderately challenging but entirely fair levels with some neat ideas. They're the kind of levels I've been looking to make too for my last few.

I was seeing more and more traditional levels tonight which is good thing. A difficult level in the right way is really fun, obtuse difficulty for the sake of it is just irritating! Hopefully people will start incorporating their ideas and gimmicks more naturally with time, we've already seen some great stuff here, I loved the hold your P's level, good idea well executed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Map code: E67C-0000-0043-899D
    Description/title: Work progressed

Reworked my old work in progress level. Pretty simple, but fun level I think! Not finished tinkering with it just yet though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My second course (a few nights in the making).

Map code: FC9B-0000-0043-9F27
    Title: Fortress of Fire & Ice

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

My attempt at a traditional SMW Ghost House. My personal favourite Mario game of all time!

2344-0000-0043-F772
    Who Ya Gonna Call?

Map code: 97B9-0000-0043-FDOC.
    Description/title: 1sHELL of/at a time. 13 jumps.

13 unlucky for some jumps to victory. Clock is set at 20 seconds, takes 14 seconds to complete. Just 13 jumps is all it takes.

It's late, I'll check out some more of your levels tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

This one is just a bit of a laugh. A parody of a lot of the levels that are out there now.

1B06-0000-0044-6B3B

• Advertisement

Map code: FC56-0000-0045-1D6B.
    Description/title: Never cease to A MAZE.
    WVW69iZQb2gQpUr7Pb

This is a maze. If you see ghosts, it means you're trapped in a pit along with the souls of previous explorers.

Map code: FC56-0000-0045-1D6B.
    Description/title: Never cease to A MAZE.
    WVW69iZQb2gQpUr7Pb

This is a maze. If you see ghosts, it means you're trapped in a pit along with the souls of previous explorers.

How do you take screenshots on the WiiU like that?

If I want a screenshot I'd usually post one to Miiverse then go onto Miiverse on my PC's web browser and cut and paste the picture from there.

Exactly as Machismo Fan said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

blag wrote: »
    I was seeing more and more traditional levels tonight which is good thing. A difficult level in the right way is really fun, obtuse difficulty for the sake of it is just irritating! Hopefully people will start incorporating their ideas and gimmicks more naturally with time, we've already seen some great stuff here, I loved the hold your P's level, good idea well executed!
    Thanks, I'm proud of my "hold your P's" I wreckon it will score a 10 on metacritic when it gets the recognition it deserves ;-)

I'm gonna make a shameless clone for Android and make a fortune!

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Map code: E67C-0000-0043-899D
    Description/title: Work progressed

Reworked my old work in progress level. Pretty simple, but fun level I think! Not finished tinkering with it just yet though...

It's a good level. Maybe a little long. The odd thing is that I can't comment on this level or your other level. I never have that issue with other users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Map code: 49AC-0000-0047-A870
    Course name/theme Jump and Dodge! Tried to create a kind of tradiational feeling mario level with a little added difficulty.
    Not too difficult i hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

I try to make all my levels feel like Mario levels. Nor sure if they do tho. Also got ideas for 4 or 5 new courses, 3 have the same theme in different backgrounds tho and one involves an amiibom

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ID: 736D-0000-0048-A10B
    Map: Castle Assault 2
    Description: Harder but fair step up from Castle Ass. 1. Still nothing too complicated. Not a fan of that type of map.

I've just spent 30 mins trying to beat it. I can get to the piranha plants consistently but don't know how to get around the spring.

You need to time moving to the right at the top of the jump and then press the spin jump button twice. Was going to but another piranha plant to the right at the base of the row of them. Didn't want to be too cruel. It's possible to do. It's the hardest part of the level.

Looking for iamtony's hold the P's level. I'll find it.

• Advertisement

iamtony wrote: »
    Course ID: 40B3-0000-003D-D502

Carry your P's is the name and that's exactly what you'll have to do to survive mwah ha ha. I spent ages making that one!

Very nice level.

Your all building levels faster than life lets me play them, keep them coming!!

Course ID: 40B3-0000-003D-D502

Carry your P's is the name and that's exactly what you'll have to do to survive mwah ha ha. I spent ages making that one!

Only for me to cut about 2/3's out of the level. You asked on Miiverse but I said I wouldn't spoil it even if I used the spoiler tags, some might view it and cheat like me. I like having my levels completion rates low and I guess you do too.
    WVW69iZaf7gzwF3N5X

I leg it down to here, grab the P on the ledge, jump up to the next level and jump again above the mushroom block, you can't do it if you're big. Then hit the yellow tiles and jump up onto the next level, grab the mushroom and jump down over the ledge to the finish.

Up to 56 stars now so you can expect another ten masterpieces coming your way! ;)

New level I made this morning with a theme of things coming in threes in trusty old Super Mario World.

Map code: C87D-0000-0049-7CE8
    Description/title: The Rule of Three
    NNID: garrettkid

I'll catch up on the last couple of days levels here tonight!

Got my fifty stars this morning. Here's some new courses.

Ghost Twirl World - A7D9-0000-0046-5783

Cannonball Run - 976F-0000-0046-62D7 - this one is actually very easy but might look difficult.

Put on your Red Shoes and dance - 08AE-0000-0046-6937 - find the red shoes

I came across this tribute to Gradius on a shmups forum. It's nicely done and worth a few minutes to fly through.

2E85-0000-003B-B5A6

All my courses so far.
    Charizard VS Bowser (86D7-0000-0041-05F7)

Haunted Waters (A0AC-0000-003D-1022)

Mushroom Gorge (275E-0000-0038-402D)

Flower Gardens (8560-0000-0035-FA4A)

Sunken Adventure (BFC7-0000-0027-70B0)

Goomba Hills (3984-0000-0019-3F54)

Mushroom Kingdom Stroll (4F42-0000-0019-03C3)

Piranha Plant Panic (32AD-0000-0018-8D22)

Platform Chaos (D80E-0000-0016-DAE1)

The Adventure Begins (4ED6-0000-0016-3FF9)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Happy with this one!

CODE: CCA4-0000-004B-24F1

Name Demolition man needs his helmet

ID: 736D-0000-0048-A10B
    Map: Castle Assault 2
    Description: Harder but fair step up from Castle Ass. 1. Still nothing too complicated. Not a fan of that type of map.

I really suck at this level and it's not that hard. It's the waiting for the flame to piss off at the start that's getting my groove all messed up.

Happy with this one!

CODE: CCA4-0000-004B-24F1

Name Demolition man needs his helmet

I'll have to back to finish that one the little one has taken over the game again! I preferred when she played minecraft up stairs on ps4 and I Wii U'd in the sitting room!

• Advertisement

I'll have to back to finish that one the little one has taken over the game again! I preferred when she played minecraft up stairs on ps4 and I Wii U'd in the sitting room!
    She's been watching stampy cat play this game and is using his ideas to do a level, you all better be prepared so far it's looking good;-)

New level. Has a mix of a lot of things. Different ways to beat the level. There's thwomps, bullet bills, bobombs, red shells, big Bowser, normal Bowser, Lakitu clouds, Yoshi, hidden 1-ups, star power, flower power, a hidden cape and more.
    WVW69iZi41k0PAM7vM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Did Sligeach's first bittersweet one and 13 jumps, along with Iamtony's carry your p's one! Nice levels lads!

Will be going through some more of the levels on here tomorrow and following you in the game. I've enjoyed what I played so far.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Did Sligeach's first bittersweet one and 13 jumps, along with Iamtony's carry your p's one! Nice levels lads!

Thank you very much for both playing and completing them. You're clearly no noob at Mario games. You're the first to complete the 13 jumps and you've skyrocketed the completion rate to 0.49% and the other harder level stands at a staggering 0.19% from over 600 attempts. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Finally got my Wii U :)

So here is one of the levels I have made. Looking forward to playing all your levels later on.

ID: 82E0-0000-004C-E792
    Map: Bowser's Tank Attack

Play and star my levels

uG7aC58.gif

Uploaded a new level.

WVW69iZrbkwH5GYWwd

Level ID: 6137-0000-004F-1340.
    Name: sHELLs Bells. Little and Large
    Description: There's actually 2 ways of beating the level. The first way cuts out 2/3 of the level but requires very precise running and jumping. See if you can first spot the shortcut, taking it on is another matter.

Or you can play the full level and try to find the 3 extra lives. This one's not difficult, I swear.

Uploaded a new level.

WVW69iZrbkwH5GYWwd

Level ID: 6137-0000-004F-1340.
    Name: sHELLs Bells. Little and Large
    Description: There's actually 2 ways of beating the level. The first way cuts out 2/3 of the level but requires very precise running and jumping. See if you can first spot the shortcut, taking it on is another matter.

Or you can play the full level and try to find the 3 extra lives. This one's not difficult, I swear.

Just played it. Very nice level. I think I got the shortcut after dying on the long route. I wasn't very good at the bittersweet or 13 jumps level tho.

• Advertisement

Newest level.
    Code: 0D8A-0000-004F-5C84
    Name : Gaur Plains.

Hope anybody that enjoyed Xenoblade enjoys this.

Advertisement