Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Mario Maker: The Boards Levels

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Map Code: 974E-0000-004A-FC4E
    Passage Way
    Your NNID: Sryan

Map Code: 3915-0000-003C-F62E
    Buddy Travel
    Your NNID: Sryan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Remember that thing I said about not making hard level, well this is an exception. A wall jumping course with some tricky sections:

Course ID:
    6FE7-0000-004F-C230
    Course Name: A Test of Wall Jumping Skills

Star Lord wrote: »
    Map code: E67C-0000-0043-899D
    Description/title: Work progressed

Reworked my old work in progress level. Pretty simple, but fun level I think! Not finished tinkering with it just yet though...

Really great level. Great use of space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Just played it. Very nice level. I think I got the shortcut after dying on the long route. I wasn't very good at the bittersweet or 13 jumps level tho.

What was the shortcut you took? I didn't playtest it enough and missed a shortcut that wasn't intended. I've altered it now and added some flames. It was too easy otherwise. I'll have to delete and reupload it. It's still be very easy.

Watching the Ireland match. It's getting in my way of trying out some of the levels posted here today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

sligeach wrote: »
    What was the shortcut you took? I didn't playtest it enough and missed a shortcut that wasn't intended. I've altered it now and added some flames. It was too easy otherwise. I'll have to delete and reupload it. It's still be very easy.

After the first set of giant koopas get hit, turn small and you can run left grab a star and run across the spikes to the end skipping the small koopa area I gound the first time.

After the first set of giant koopas get hit, turn small and you can run left grab a star and run across the spikes to the end skipping the small koopa area I gound the first time.

Ha ha. That's just what I thought, that wasn't intended so I made sure to take it out of equation, I hope :D

The new code is E9C8-0000-0050-91D1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 candymoon

CC48-0000-004A-EC97 Mario Castle 1 - first level ready :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

If you tried my Stairway to Heaven, now try Skyway to Hell!!!

9EE5-0000-0052-1C6A

Not too difficult, but secrets to be found!

My second recreation of an old level: I tried to recreate Wario's Castle from Super Mario Land 2 as best I could in Mario Maker.

Course ID: F7C1-0000-0052-7ECF
    Course Name: Return to Super Mario Land 2
    NNID: garrettkid

CPS7PWoWoAAlKpP.jpg

• Advertisement

New level called Track or Field - two paths: one through the air on a track and one across the ground.

Course ID: 9704-0000-0058-8DC4
    Course Name: Track or Field
    NNID: garrettkid

CPXiKLvWIAAH4Ib.jpg

Mario and the Beanstalk

WVW69iaNZN8P6pSjFo

Course ID: D3E8-0000-005B-C744
    Course Name: Mario and the Beanstalk
    NNID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

I've uploaded what I hope and feel is an original and novel idea. It's called "Mario and the Beanstalk". The level starts out with you sprouting the beans and the idea is to get to the top. It took a good while to create and I hope you like it. The level changes as you climb into the clouds until you reach the top and meet the giant. A lot of thought and attention to detail went into making it. I hope people notice it.

Scrollin' With Your Homies
    6265-0000-005C-1D2E

Mario and the Beanstalk

WVW69iaNZN8P6pSjFo

Course ID: D3E8-0000-005B-C744
    Course Name: Mario and the Beanstalk

I've uploaded what I hope and feel is an original and novel idea. It's called "Mario and the Beanstalk". The level starts out with you sprouting the beans and the idea is to get to the top. It took a good while to create and I hope you like it. The level changes as you climb into the clouds until you reach the top and meet the giant. A lot of thought and attention to detail went into making it. I hope people notice it.

Huge amount of work gone in to each and every one of your levels, fair play. But I think if they were a bit easier you'd have far more stars and level plays. Sometimes I just want to play a fun level, not a pulling-my-hair-out, frustratingly difficult one!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

I've been working my way through everyone's levels — only half way there yet, I'd say! The boards.ie standard is significantly higher than the stuff I come across randomly while playing 100 Mario Challenge :)

It's difficult to give in any proper feedback in the 85 characters you're allowed when commenting on a level, so I'll probably direct it here. (Assuming you want it in the first place!)

Machismo Fan, I played your Track and Field level last night, so it's freshest in my memory. I enjoyed both paths in the course — I took the "field" route first, which seemed the easier (at least until the bit where you have to avoid the Hammer Bros's hammers and Bowser's flames :eek:). Then the "track" route was a nice challenge. I liked the moment where you see the Hammer Bros on the route below, as you travel safely above... As far as criticisms, I wasn't mad about the underground room where you get blasted with coins. This is probably a personal prejudice :) — I like coins as little rewards for traversing a level, managing difficult bits, etc. Too many coins and they start to feel kind of meaningless.

eoghanie wrote: »
    Huge amount of work gone in to each and every one of your levels, fair play. But I think if they were a bit easier you'd have far more stars and level plays. Sometimes I just want to play a fun level, not a pulling-my-hair-out, frustratingly difficult one!

Thanks for the feedback. I think this is easier. The only difficult bit is the ice cloud jumping perhaps. There's hidden power ups in every section. And power ups in plain view. I know my initial levels were pretty hard. I like hard levels, that for me is the enjoyment. If you want some advice on the level, just ask. Or you could download the level, use the editor and see where things are hidden. There's subtle clues like in a couple of sections there's a break in the vines and there's an item there or climb a little vine and jump up to see if anything appears. There's loads of flower powers, capes, mushrooms, 1 ups. Even at the end where you climb the tree like beanstalk, the coins represent fruit or flowers. There's 5 branches there that have power ups in them. There's a POW block, star, flower power and Yoshi. They're above the branches that have no fruit. There's also a cannon that fires out stars. There's even a koopa trapped at the end with 2 gold coins that's supposed to represent the hen that layed the golden eggs.

Collecting endless coins or easy levels are hollow and I think to myself what's the point of them, it's just busywork?

I'm finding the amount of options in the game a bit limiting. There's a huge amount they could give us as DLC.

I'm finding the amount of options in the game a bit limiting. There's a huge amount they could give us as DLC.

The more I play the more I see how much is missing like Slopes, enemies, ice, beach, jungle levels and the penguin suit. Maybe its to do with not having something to put in place of things like the Penguin suit in the older styles? Also want Squirrel suit.

I'm not sure if people would mind more options for only some of the skins and not others. I wouldn't

Another level. Short and sweet. Over in less than 20 seconds.

Course ID: 1527-0000-005D-46BA
    Course Name: Stomp that Chomp!!!

You've to stomp on Chomps head to the flagpole while he moves over spikes. So if you hit the ground, you're dead. But it gets better. You've to also avoid spikes in the air as you've moving along. Sweet dreams. :D
    WVW69iaTExw1ZqQZja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Course ID: 1527-0000-005D-46BA
    Course Name: Stomp that Chomp!!!

You've to stomp on Chomps head to the flagpole while he moves over spikes. So if you hit the ground, you're dead. But it gets better. You've to also avoid spikes in the air as you've moving along. Sweet dreams. :D
    WVW69iaTExw1ZqQZja

The chomp can't keep up with me. Starred it because I like simple stages like that with only one or two items.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The chomp can't keep up with me. Starred it because I like simple stages like that with only one often items.

There's always a way. I don't want to give a clue just yet. I've only just put it up. Think about it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nuts. There must be a way.

Must find the way.

You are a devious human being sligeach.

If you'd like some down time between spinning on top of that damn chomp here's a pretty easy level based around some Star Fox costumes.

Level ID: 3DEB-000-005D-B693
    Level Name: Pilot the Arwing to Safety

CPdg86hVAAEl0E3.jpg

Sweet victory!
    WVW69iaU9U4zkLZU3q

Sweet victory!
    WVW69iaU9U4zkLZU3q
    He-Knows.jpg

The icy horror of Frozen Mount Frostbite!

0069-0000-005E-750D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

EAsy levels are great but they are forgotten very quickly, the levels that stick in your mind and get talked about are the harder ones, but their has to be a balance of fun/difficulty for me anyway, If im enjoying trying to beat a hard level that's great fun but if it's just hard for the sake of being hard it's no fun at all.

I started a level last night which I hope will meet my goal of a hard/fun approach. Coming soon....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Len_007

2E30-0000-0061-B7E1
    Flappy Bird

804A-0000-004C-5F40
    Wonderwall

• Advertisement

WVW69ialSP4IhaMIh4

This is a very short level I made yesterday that teaches you a glitch in the game that makes Mario invincible. If you read the comment on the level you'll understand how to do it. Though 85 characters doesn't give you much room to word it out exactly.

Go through door 1, stand there at door 2 after you lose the flower power and when Mario flashes really fast just before he loses his invulnerability, go back through door 2. You're now invincible. You can run over the spikes without taking damage and you won't take damage from the onslaught of enemies at the end. When you do this, Mario can't however pick up items like mushrooms or fire flowers but he can use star power.

Believe it or not but it's also possible to complete the level without using the glitch & only take one hit.

Course ID: 448E-0000-0061-069C
    Course Name: Glithin': Make Mario Invincible

If you'd like some down time between spinning on top of that damn chomp here's a pretty easy level based around some Star Fox costumes.

Level ID: 3DEB-000-005D-B693
    Level Name: Pilot the Arwing to Safety

CPdg86hVAAEl0E3.jpg

I liked that level.

New level.
    Castle in the Sky
    EAD3-0000-0065-17E2

There is an optional area that you can go to but its up to you if you want to explore and get to it. Not overly difficult but might be on the slightly tougher side.

Remember that thing I said about not making hard level, well this is an exception. A wall jumping course with some tricky sections:

Course ID:
    6FE7-0000-004F-C230
    Course Name: A Test of Wall Jumping Skills
    I enjoyed this level, it's difficult but keeps you entertained as well! Well done!

A tribute to Nintendo.

WVW69ibdtXklPlvbAN

A tribute to Nintendo. ID: 14F7-0000-0074-39E2. This took a massive amount of time and a lot of effort to create. I wanted to put Bowser in mosaic at the end but ran out of items.

Course ID: 14F7-0000-0074-39E2
    Course Name: A tribute to Nintendo

Tribute to Nintendo.

WVW69ibDptQi69JI_l

Tribute to Nintendo. ID: 1E07-0000-006B-E585. This took a massive amount of time and a lot of effort to create. I wanted to put Bowser in mosaic at the end but ran out of items.

Course ID: 1E07-0000-006B-E585
    Course Name: Tribute to Nintendo

Looks great. Well done.

• Advertisement

As yet nobody has been able to pass Frozen Mount Frostbite! Precision jumping required but not overly difficult. Or so I thought! Give it a go guys!!
    0069-0000-005E-750D

As yet nobody has been able to pass Frozen Mount Frostbite! Precision jumping required but not overly difficult. Or so I thought! Give it a go guys!!
    0069-0000-005E-750D

I'll be first. Going to give it a go now. :p

I'll be first. Going to give it a go now. :p

You can do it!!

You can do it!!

Oh I did it a short while ago. I liked it. That's the kind of challenge I welcome. Is it possible to reach the top of the flagpole? I don't think it is.

Name: Sub-Area Village
    ID: 0B79-0000-0071-18A9

This is a tricky new level of mine. It has around 4-6 sub-areas and if you go into them (at least), you will not be able to escape them until the final sub-area because of hidden blocks or ground above them. I gotta say, I love it and I think it should be a real level on a Mario game!

• Advertisement

Name: Pac-Mario
    ID: CCFF-0000-0058-6A79

This is a parody of Pac-Man. It is very short but the aim is to get as much coins as possible!

Oh I did it a short while ago. I liked it. That's the kind of challenge I welcome. Is it possible to reach the top of the flagpole? I don't think it is.

If you wait for the scrolling to catch up before you get the cloud and if you make it through the obstacles quickly enough then it might be possible.......

One more tough one for you:

Precision jumping and shell throwing required!

Zap! Bash! Pow!
    C34F-0000-0071-3614

https://youtu.be/PMHpEq8PlRY

Finally Beat one of Sligeachs levels. Heres the Video to prove it, Stomp that chomp.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Name: Sub-Area Village
    ID: 0B79-0000-0071-18A9

This is a tricky new level of mine. It has around 4-6 sub-areas and if you go into them (at least), you will not be able to escape them until the final sub-area because of hidden blocks or ground above them. I gotta say, I love it and I think it should be a real level on a Mario game!
    https://youtu.be/RkAQRUdHi7Q Heres a video of me completing your level.

iamtony wrote: »

Finally Beat one of Sligeachs levels. Heres the Video to prove it, "Stomp that Chomp".

Fantastic. A bit unusual but there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Fantastic. A bit unusual but there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Theirs more than one way?? Do share?

https://youtu.be/rQPE3yP3CcI

Put on your red shoes and dance as requested....

The icy horror of Frozen Mount Frostbite!

0069-0000-005E-750D

Died stupidly right near the end and the slow crawl kept making me impatient afterwards. Good level.
    New level.
    Castle in the Sky
    EAD3-0000-0065-17E2

There is an optional area that you can go to but its up to you if you want to explore and get to it. Not overly difficult but might be on the slightly tougher side.

Found the optional area kept dying trying to get there.
    iamtony wrote: »

Finally Beat one of Sligeachs levels. Heres the Video to prove it, Chomp that chomp.

That's how I was trying to do it but I couldn't master the two jump spin technique. I impressed.

https://youtu.be/1VgJ6rJPav4 Star Star star

I have to say im enjoying this recording malarkey, if anyone has any levels they would like me to play and record please let me know. Im here till about 11ish although ive already consumed 4 cans of beers so I cant guarantee quality;-)

That's how I was trying to do it but I couldn't master the two jump spin technique. I impressed.[/QUOTE]
    Yep Im impressive:D thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement