Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Liverpool sat 5.30

• 10-09-2015 9:21pm

Evening kickoff. Plenty to lose for both managers.

Let's get it on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I've seen Liverpool 4 times and Man Utd 3 times this season and apart from 30 good mins V Arsenal from Liverpool both teams have been really awful. Surely they'll be up for this one??

EDIT: I should add that the Utd game I missed was the one they lost so I doubt they were great in that one either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We're both in bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hopefully a Liverpool win to shut up the ***** in the United thread, the **** in the ****ford end, Sir whiskey nose, the fat head granny shagger, bastard schweinsteiger, Rat face Neville, ginger pubes Scholes, Louis Van Gak, Paddy the prick Crerand, Martin Tyler, and Remi Moses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Hopefully a Liverpool win to shut up the ***** in the United thread, the **** in the ****ford end, Sir whiskey nose, the fat head granny shagger, bastard schweinsteiger, Rat face Neville, ginger pubes Scholes, Louis Van Gak, Paddy the prick Crerand, Martin Tyler, and Remi Moses.

Liverpool posters are worse to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Tell us how you really feel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Don't forget the tea lady nasty bit of stuff that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Are you trying to get a ban so you don't feel compelled to read this thread come match day? Not a bad strategy actually.

^^^ How to make friends and influence people the Super-Rush way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Two shít teams trying to outshít each other will lead to a 0-0.

Still open??? Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's going to be a painful one to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I can see utd score at least one, if pool had henderson and coutinho i might be a bit more confidant, but i just cant see where our creativity or goals will come from, i think we will have to go with ings up front with benteke if we are to have any chance i think,either manager will be under serious pressure if they lose even at this early stage of the season

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It'll probably be a 7 goal thriller now after the crap served up by both teams in general play so far this season.

Said it already but Utd need to be beating us without, Henderson, Coutinho and Sturridge. Probably our best 3 players.

Obviously football doesn't work like that but on paper Utd gotta be strong favourites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

It's going to be a painful one to watch

This thread or the match ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Genuine lol, but I know you don't mean it, because Martin Tyler is sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

As painful as it is to watch it's infinitely more painful to read about.

Ps - I wish, just for this one game of the season boards would turn the swear filter off.

Think of all the glorious creative swears we are missing out on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

This thread or the match ??

The thread will be fine up until the first goal

The wins over Liverpool were important last season, United had 56 points and Liverpool 54 when the second game came around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

SuperRush jumping on the yellow card grenade trying to save us all from whats to come.

tumblr_m6voz6qMxB1qawrzyo3_250.gif

Utds win at Anfield was a massive turning point for both teams last season.

Van Gaal pushed Utds back 4 right up just before the Halfway line in the first half. Pool defenders were under serious pressure on the ball. Pressing was very impressive.

2nd half was better from Liverpool but Utd fully deserved it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Mmmmm, lemony fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Only way to watch this is with beer might make it a better watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A quaint fixture from a bygone age

1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Benteke to score. 1-1 draw.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

LVG to punch Brendan Rogers in the face before the match even starts.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

From an insult to infraction ratio this post is incredibly profitable WP

I'm still laughing at Super-Rush's post.

In for a penny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The match neither manger wants to lose, both sides playing crap on a crayon, a meaningless arm wrestle between two old geezers who used to big in this game and are now washed up.

1-1 and everyone goes home having avoided humiliation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

The match neither manger wants to lose, both sides playing crap on a crayon, a meaningless arm wrestle between two old geezers who used to big in this game and are now washed up.

1-1 and everyone goes home having avoided humiliation.

Rodgers used to big in this game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Love you too. xox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

I'm a United fan and I think that's the best post I've read on boards.

Yellow card should be rescinded one time imo. Well played sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Pheonix10 wrote: »

Talking about the clubs I'd imagine.....

Pheonix10 wrote: »

Not much good at allusions I take it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dobman88 wrote: »
    I'm a United fan and I think that's the best post I've read on boards.

Yellow card should be rescinded one time imo. Well played sir.
    Was it the first post you read on boards? :confused:

Mignoleting
    Natty Dread-Skittles-Olvern-More no!
    Lucas Battery
    Can Can--Milners Crossing
    Bobby
    Danny and Benny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

728850_bitch-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-wild-card.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

CSF wrote: »
    Was it the first post you read on boards? :confused:

FFS. Lighten up a small bit. It makes a change from the usual píssing contests that go on around here.

Don't take things so seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No Scousers in Liverpool's starting XI and no Mancs in United's starting XI.

I don't remember that ever happening before.

1B4FF39B000005DC-3229070-And_Neville_s_many_clashes_with_Liverpool_favourite_Jamie_Carrag-a-6_1441884270286.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

zerks wrote: »
    No Scousers in Liverpool's starting XI and no Mancs in United's starting XI.

I don't remember that ever happening before.

Yeah, weird one alright.

I'd say Rossiter will be on the bench for Liverpool for just that reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I know anytime the issue of less and less 'hometown boys' playing at top PL clubs comes up it turns into a blame game over money, poor development, lack of talent etc., but it's genuinely saddening to not see one scouser in a Liverpool shirt or manc in Utd shirt playing.

Whether Rossiter or Flanno will make it is anyone's guess, but 10 years from now, the days of Carra and Gerrard taking on Neville, Scholes and the rest of those Manc b*stards will be a distant memory.

Even though I've no personal connection to either city, seeing hometown lads battling it out in derby games is always a special sight in football.

• Advertisement

I have seen people get way worse than an infraction for that type of posting. I wonder why Super-Rush got away with such a light punishment????? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

So far Van Gaal has had a 100% win rate against Liverpool since taking over at United :mad:

I wish United kept Moyes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I have seen people get way worse than an infraction for that type of posting. I wonder why Super-Rush got away with such a light punishment????? :pac:

Maybe he should get a red card. Get it?

Got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Probably going to be a horrible game to watch. Benteke will likely target Blind if he starts at centre half.

A crappy 1-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Another classic match featuring the goal scoring prowess of Liverpool and the equally prolific man utd forwards.

It'll be a real slobberknocker.

Also, im equally impressed that this thread is still open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This is brilliant, but I have a feeling it's directed at the posters who will post shyte in this thread but will be lost on most of them.

Probably going to be a horrible game to watch. Benteke will likely target Blind if he starts at centre half.

A crappy 1-1.

If one of the Liverpool midfield would target Benteke, that'd be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

How is this game on at 5.30pm on a Saturday evening? I get the feeling the coppers haven't noticed they're down for duty for this yet and when they get the 'weekend rota' out today there will be a shítfit!

Recipe for disaster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well there is no way sky would allow BT to have the game and the game can't be played on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Wish there was a way they both could lose.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement